Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release

Go down 
+4
diaster
kuro
AquaAscension
Rhys
8 posters

When Should it Be?
The Normal Progression so Far is fine
Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release I_vote_lcap42%Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Wait for the code reset
Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release I_vote_lcap58%Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release I_vote_rcap
 58% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release Empty
PostSubject: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 1:32 pm

The Normal Progression so Far is fine :
Usually the map is released on a weekly basis so far with minor patch fixes in between when needed. I have no issue with releasing the current up to date work like this until the code reset, if this is the case you'll see roughly 1-2 more big releases and various minor work for balancing and fixes like you usually see now. The downside is more work for myself and pyth, the upside is weekly additions like usual.

Wait for the code reset :
Alot of work has to be done before the code reset, we have terrain changes, many spell fixes, some quest additions, I finally completed my rough outline of the item tier system, re-writes and new spells..... In all many many things to do, I have no issue with releasing everything at once in one giant release called 8.0 with a code reset. The down side is you'll be waiting for a release for a few weeks, but the upside is you'll have a huge release to look forward to and a stable map to play in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 1:47 pm

I voted for the larger release because (for me) school has just started up and I'll be damned if I can find a bunch of time to spend on WC3. You might be out of school but the extra work on a map when you don't *need* to is a good way to fall into the same burnout trap that Sin did. Thus far you guys haven't failed so, with the communities support in the matter, I think it'd be best to not set you up to possibly do so.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 1:55 pm

i say release a stable version here and there. and then when adding tier items and bosses etc or w/e have the big release.

didnt vote, still thinking Razz

leaning toward big version later on but smaller content updates here and there
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 1:56 pm

well first, fix the maps current bugs, so we have a close to bug free version to play while waiting, cause idk if i can go a month w/o using vortex, and shockwave is 2 cool for me to want to play eariler versions.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 1:58 pm

Little by little. If there's too many changes at once, it becomes a completely different map. You might not know what you like and don't. If it comes little by little, you can balance and critique better since the variables are smaller, compared to all at once.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 1:59 pm

I like big releases. But, I would like to see a few things come code reset; the massive changes to Water, the new element if we are going to have one in 8.0, (I'm ok with waiting until 9.0 for Nature, we don't even have all the M-spells yet.) multiple new M-spells, (We want alot of mage building variety.) finishing filling the item shops, (Again, to promote variety.) at least one boss with reasonably balanced reward, and the changes to the NPC heroes that Jay suggested and everyone agreed with.

I would really like to see all of those things in the first version of 8.0. If that means doing more versions before then, or waiting longer, that is ok with me. But, when we hit a reset, I want the maximum strategic variety possible. We can do balancing for all of the new stuff in 8.01.

Edit: I also agree with Jay to an extent. I don't care if all the things I mentioned happen all at once, but I would like to see all of those things before or at the code reset.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 11:46 pm

i have only read the first post so dont quote me on this...

WAIT FOR THE CODE RESET MOFO!!! [rhys i do not thing you are a mofo, infact if you havnt noticed i IDOLIZE you!]

I havnt been on alot lately cause of school/work... and i wont be on alot for another month or so... pluss i been waiting for the code reset for the last 2 months and im getting bored of these distractions that they call new versions of 7.0.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 7:16 pm

Demonic_iTunes wrote:
WAIT FOR THE CODE RESET MOFO!!! [rhys i do not thing you are a mofo, infact if you havnt noticed i IDOLIZE you!]
kiss up...

wait for the reset its just easier
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Gonna go ahead and ask what you decided:

1) Release the versions steadily, but get to the goal of 8.0 all the same so you know whats coming and can comment on changes slowly but because of this it will take longer to get to the code reset.

2) Release it all at once, which will allow 8.0 to come quicker, but it will be very different balance wise, element wise, item wise etc.

3) Other
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:59 pm

Where going to go ahead with Number 2

Which is closer then you may think
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 7:05 pm

Alright, are you releasing a version before the code reset to make sure everything is ok, exploit wise, make sure something isn't imbatastic and such?
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 7:08 pm

People will most likely be hesitant about the big changes in the new version. Stick with us through this release though people. It'll be great, and the future is bright and all that cliche bull bear.

I believe a code reset is manditory for the feature attraction of the new version though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:44 pm

WOOT FOR RHYS... WOOT FOR PYTH... nice choice selecting what i voted for Very Happy

i cant wait for the 8.0 release!! and in the meantime we have a good balanced version to get us by until then!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release   Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Poll (8/25): The Next Release
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: