Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clarification

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Clarification Empty
PostSubject: Clarification   Clarification EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:18 pm

Alright. I don't understand how the item system is supposed to work at all. It's not all that similar to my suggestion, which is fine, though I don't understand why the categories are Speed/Defence/Regeneration/Focused opposed to Stamina/Essence/Power/Other (MS/Armor/Regen going in other). I also don't understand why Magic gear has the same stats as the same tiered item....That just makes it the plane better choice compared to the tier item.

I was under the impression that if you got an ability, you lost a tier of stats. Like you either choose between tier 4 stats, or tier 3 stats and an ability.

https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com/item-suggestions-f16/tier-system-t643.htm

I thought that was GENERALY how it was supposed to be. I also don't understand why Unique items would be purchasable. That doesn't make them unique at all. They should be gotten by bosses, and I know a lot of people agree with me on this. They shouldn't be in -anns, and should only be in -nm. Bosses may be easier with "More than the recommended amount" but the way the boss is setup (Atleast my suggestion of a boss) it doesn't matter how many there are, it matters how good they are and how diverse they are. You can still beat it with 3-4 mages. It'll just go down faster with 5-6...which is expected.

I really need clarification on how items are supposed to work. And I really think that you should delay 8.0 release.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Clarification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clarification   Clarification EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:31 pm

I definitely second delaying 8.0. I found like a dozen game breaking item bugs along with a few other bugs, and now I find out that I only tested like 1/4 of the Magic Items. It requires alot more testing before you release it, I would rather not see a horribly bugged 8.0 release.

The elemental item remakes also need to be finished, having them half way between is not a good thing. Either finish remaking them, or revert them. I think that should all be done in one version.

I also suggest again that the Elemental items boost a specific two spells, and have an alternate form that boosts a third spell instead. For instance, all staffs would boost [Q] and [A], but would have an alternate form with slightly more stats that boosted [Z] instead of [Q] and [A]. Accessories and boots could both boost the [C] spell in their ultimate form. This allows you to boost the spells you want, and hopefully not waste anything on the spells you don't care about. Basically, totally redo the Elemental item spell boosts from scratch.

Lastly, I agree with Jay strongly on all of his points.
Back to top Go down

Clarification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clarification   Clarification EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:38 pm

i havnt got a chance to test it.. but from the way it sounds as much as i hate to say it delaying 8.0 is probably the smarter route to take..

i third this thread
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Wind Control

Clarification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clarification   Clarification EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 8:19 pm

ya...another week isn't going to kill anyone, besure it is a rock solid version first please and PLEASE make the item system use upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clarification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clarification   Clarification Empty

Back to top Go down

Clarification
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: