Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spore

Go down 
+9
BashAndSmash
ÐeathByCyanide
diaster
killll
SinisteRing
Bartimaeus
Jay.J
TanK_OwneR
Dragonheart91
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Spore   Spore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 5:54 am

Just wondering if anyone has tried/played it yet. I have been playing it for 12 hours straight, and love it at the very core of my being. Playing up through the storyline was fun as hell then it gives you a huge challenge at the end with PLENTY of things to do.

What Is Spore?

Spore is a game of many types, it's an arcade game, an RPG, an RTS, and a galactic conquest. These stages are spread out for the life of the creature you create, born at the start and designed, by you, into the shape and form of the dominant species. These are the stages in more detail:

CELL STAGE

This is the world of the small, where you are a single, 2D being and you are moving in a gelatin part of the sea. The movement here is somewhat like pacman... wherever you move your mouse, the creature goes. The goal here is also like pacman, where you are to kill some things with weapons on your organism or avoid them because they are too strong.
When I played this stage, it went by VERY fast. Like 30 minutes fast. Not that long at all. I simply ate the stuff I was supposed to and was there in no time. Truly, I think this was a fun part to play, but not challenging at all and didn't take much time.

CREATURE STAGE

In this stage, you control your creature yet again. You play as a single being in a tribe of about 5-10. Along this journey, you must find food to eat and different evolutions by finding dead organisms or killing enemies and extracting what they have. During this trip it is basically like an RPG, where you go around, advance, gain party members with your tribe, and try to hunt down enemies to progress.
This part was a bit cliche for me, but very fun. The reason why it was cliche is because it kind of has the same setup for battle commands, sitting, and all those other things as a replica of WoW. Yes, the keys are all bound to 1-2-3-4, and they all have cooldowns which reset and you can use them again. What really made me like this stage, however, was the fact that there were true dangers. There were "epic" beings, which simply had and "Epic" prefix to them and 1k hp and 1-shot damage. Overall, it was a pretty cool stage. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

TRIBAL STAGE

Your being learns how to make fire and dress in clothes. He uses made weapons instead of the ones attached to his body. The tribe learns to work as a team and gather food/resources individually and specialize. They learn how to build wooden huts and also learn how to fight and heal with magic. Other tribes also seek to be a dominant being, and thus you must take them down 1 by 1 to advance.
This was my least favorite stage. Not that it sucks or anything, it's just that I enjoyed it less than the others. The reason why was simply because of how slow all the units moved and did their actions. It took about 45 seconds to get 8 warriors fed. That might not seem like a lot of time, but when all you do is sit there and wait for 45 seconds watching your team get food, it gets a little annoying. Either way, this entire stage took no skill from me and was the easiest in my opinion, right up there with the cell stage. It did take a while, more like 2 hours, but it was okay. I'm just glad it's over.

CIVILIZATION STAGE

Your beings learn how to make stone structures from stronger materials and learn a smarter way of communication. They learn how to make vehicles and ships. They learn how to work in factories to produce resources and entertain themselves. This stage requires you to basically build a town from the ground up, designing the following before starting:
  • Outfit for Being
  • House
  • Factory
  • Entertainment Building
  • Town Center
  • Ground Vehicle
  • Water Vehicle
  • Air Vehicle

However, there are 11 other civilizations on other continents that you must stop from taking control of the world. You must be the one in the throne commanding the entire world instead of any other species.

I liked this stage. It required a lot of creativity to make things look decent and also be effective at the same time. It required you to forsee what the outcome would be by balancing your units stats between speed, weapons, and health. This was my 3rd least favorite stage, though. Not as fun as the Creature Stage but funner than the Cell and Tribal stage.

SPACE STAGE

The final stage... where all of the galaxy is revealed and the hardest challenge awaits: conquering of entire solar systems. You earn badges and technologies throughout your adventures in space. You are able to use tools to fight and to befriend other empires and there are plenty of things to do. Overall, this is the end of the start, and the beginning of the a long path ahead which would take forever to be fully completed.
Okay, this is my favorite stage. It by far has the most things to do, the most challenging adversaries, a huge amount of micromanagement, and a ton of relationships that you need to keep standing in order to survive. It's the hardest, funnest, and most high-scaled stage of the game. The activities possible are as follows:
  • Terraforming (My Favorite)
  • Colonization
  • Trading
  • Diplomacy

I'll go into detail on more and have more info, but I gotta go again.

Last edited by SinisteRing on Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 5:59 am

It's out? I've been waiting on it so long that I didn't even pay attention to release dates. It sounds hella fun though, and I can't wait to play/own it.
Back to top Go down

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 8:49 pm

whats spore?!
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 9:13 pm

Demonic_iTunes wrote:
whats spore?!

You fail so hard it is beyond belief.

Spore Picard-no-facepalm

Spore is the most amazing game coming out this decade, and most of us have been waiting on it for a couple of years. Here is the official website, check it out yourself. Spore Website
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 9:27 pm

I've never heard of it either, atleast not till I saw it was number one on GameFaqs. Both as top games, and wanted FAQs.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 9:32 pm

i might get it...
Back to top Go down

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 9:47 pm

looks pretty kitty... is it like a strategy game? or is it just an explorer game with your creature and find planets and stuff?!
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 10:01 pm

It looks epic to me. From what I gather, it has 5 stages all different in gameplay. It's like an arcade, RTS, Creature development, civilization game...etc. It looks like it has a LOT of different gameplay. Even has semi interaction with other people.
Back to top Go down

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 10:10 pm

i doubt ill buy another game until starcraft 2..
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Demonic_iTunes wrote:
whats spore?!

Spore 91-polarbear-facepalm_(nomdeprun)

Also, for anyone wondering, Durchdringen made me not like this game.
Back to top Go down

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 10:18 pm

why?
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 10:32 pm

lol i thought you made your creatures and put them on the planet and they go live and you are there god
(basiclly civilzation and MONSTERS!!)S!!!)
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 11:37 pm

Chances are just because he liked it.
Back to top Go down

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 12:10 am

can someone plz explain this game to me?! all ive gotten off the site is that you create creatures and vehicles and go through 4 stages..
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 12:29 am

It's 5 stages, and I'll update my first post to include some text as to what it is.
Back to top Go down

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 12:31 am

ight thanks siniste..
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 1:11 am

Sorry, that took a while. But now I gtg sleep and will put the finisher up there tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 7:33 pm

must... get... game....
is it like online multiplayer so you can take over other players planets or no? <(that would be AMAZING)
another question sin is your creature big and mean looking or is it a pussy? and can you post a pic of it im sure everyone wants to see it :O
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 7:50 pm

TanK_OwneR wrote:
is it like online multiplayer so you can take over other players planets or no? <(that would be AMAZING)

The game automatically uploads random other players into your galaxy. Who it chooses to upload into your galaxy is dependent on how well you are doing. (I.E. If you suck it will download other suckie players, but if your owning everything it will download other people who pwn.)

These other players are AI controlled, so there isn't any true multiplayer, but you still get to see how they created their civilization, and the AI intelligence is based on how they played. (I.E. An aggressive player would be given an aggressive AI when it is downloaded into your world.)
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 8:17 pm

How does the saving, pausing etc. mechanics of this game work? Do I have to devote certain amounts of time, or can I play this whenever with interruptions?
Back to top Go down

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 8:38 pm

thanks abunch for the details siniste helped me alot... i may check this game out idk.. is there a trial that is out? or planned to be out in the future?
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 9:27 pm

Jay, the game is paused whenever it's saved. The game remains static until reloaded. When you pause the game, the game pauses behind it and nothing moves. Thus, you can play it on your terms.

Demonic_iTunes, you can go here to download a cracked version and play for yourself... but you might need to download it overnight. That's what I did. You can't play online, but it's fine to play single because there's still 16k creations built into the game.
Back to top Go down

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 9:31 pm

awsome ill dl it tonight and play it tomarrow.. thanks sin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 9:58 pm

So I can just play on and off at my leisure right? Also, if I feel I did something "wrong" I'm able to go back to a previous save right? How save intensive would you say it is?
Back to top Go down

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 10:00 pm

lol @ jay.. i think jay is in cooperation with the fuzz hes asking alot of questions.. making me suspicious.. hmm Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spore   Spore Empty

Back to top Go down

Spore
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: