Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction

Go down 
+6
Lagger09
Dragonheart91
Jay.J
killll
TanK_OwneR
SinisteRing
10 posters

Where shall the forums go next?
Based on Ship Wars
Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction I_vote_lcap0%Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Mini-Projects by the members
Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction I_vote_lcap20%Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
General chat place
Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction I_vote_lcap10%Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Something else...
Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction I_vote_lcap70%Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction I_vote_rcap
 70% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction Empty
PostSubject: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 6:39 pm

Well, there's been some recent discussion as to where this forum should lead to. Vote for what you'd like the forums to head to since MM&M died.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 6:42 pm

fuse your massive minds and make a great map
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 6:44 pm

TanK_OwneR wrote:
fuse your massive minds and make a great map

Not a bad idea. We'll have to take volunteers, though, and I'll try to put this into action if people vote for "Something Else..." enough.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Your Character
Primary Move: Fire nova / Fire Orb

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 6:44 pm

I 'volunteer'
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 7:09 pm

killll wrote:
I 'volunteer'
This will be settled in another thread, if there are more than 4 votes for the "Something Else..." option.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 7:28 pm

I love how MM&M isn't even CONSIDERED to be an option.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 7:48 pm

Yeah, Jay and I haven't given up on it yet. Also, I vote for all of the above along with any possible MM&M information in the future when (NOT if) it is revived.

Also, 1000th post! YEAH!

Edit: I wanted to post this in the thread about the future, but I don't want to lose my special 1000th post title just yet, so I'll edit it in here.

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Well, Pythagoras was supposed to put out a finished 8.0 version. I dunno where he went. And Rhys is still MIA for no apparent reason. If by some miracle either of them come back then it isn't dead.

Last edited by Dragonheart91 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 7:53 pm

Awesome dragon!!!..And yeah all the above ? XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 8:07 pm

u shoulda put it to multiple choice so i could put something else AND general chat.. but i voted something else as i agree with tank that people could try to start something new

as for MM&M i still think it could go very far.. but no one listens to me so im done trying to convince you guys..
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Perhaps it is the end of Mages Magic and Mayhem's time, but the beggining of a new era. We, those who still like the idea of an RPG/AoS can create a new one, using the combined powers of our experience and ideas. I personally have loved the idea of an RPG/AoS, and truly hope to see another. I also don't want to sever the ties I have made with you here. Pythag isn't gone, he was on forums yesterday. He doesn't have alot of time, I don't think, btw school and such, but he isn't gone. I don't think MM&M is dead, but it may soon be, if the long fabled 8.00 is never released. The idea of us knowing that a release that big is coming tends to be dangerous, if not when a code reset threatens.

/clap Dragon
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 12:35 am

it would be very fun turning this forum into a mapmaking clan thing...

but mm&m isnt dead yet! D:

stop trying to convince its dead. dying yes. dead no.

ITS ON THE BRINK... but not totally.

but still fusing minds isnt bad... we have good imaginations, tech savvys, and balancers here... and also active people! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 12:47 am

im actually done with MMM...its not blanced..the winner of the game is whoever gets the better elements..not who has more skill...granted more skill = better element...

Random teams = random winner
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 12:52 am

Well it depends on if pyth has left or not, if he has there is no hope because I cannot even get the map to start working on it, if I can and it is grunt work I can have it out prolly over the weekend. Basically if 8.0 is not out by this weekend MM&M is dead not until.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 1:04 am

See, I would be willing to take-over as the main balance and/or content person, but I would be completely unable to work on the map due to my non-existent knowledge of JASS and the World Editor in general. Also, with the increased responsibility I would of course have to stop being biased and actually think about decisions that effect the map.

But again, not going to happen since I don't make maps. I just can't stand the grunt work and really don't have time for it. I have a feeling that Jay feels similarly to me about this.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 2:46 am

Starting the player-base from scratch is too much, and old players who actually appreciated the game probably won't come back, because they've already seen the map die once, and don't want to deal with it again. If you guys want to try to waste your time on trying to do it, so be it. But you'll never get the players you use to have, that I assure you. Warcraft 3 itself is dying, as sad as I am to say it. There's not enough players anymore, and most of the players that actually remain are h8er-DotA-ers. This is why I quit Warcraft; because there's not enough variety, and almost every game is the same game as before. It gets boring fast, when there's not enough good games to play. This is why Dekar is expanding to Starcraft 2; because he knows, that eventually, (and that eventually isn't as far off as you may think), Warcraft 3 will only consist of DotA players, and those, too, eventually, will also die off.

(raises flame shield)
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 6:05 am

Bartimaeus wrote:
Starting the player-base from scratch is too much, and old players who actually appreciated the game probably won't come back, because they've already seen the map die once, and don't want to deal with it again. If you guys want to try to waste your time on trying to do it, so be it. But you'll never get the players you use to have, that I assure you. Warcraft 3 itself is dying, as sad as I am to say it. There's not enough players anymore, and most of the players that actually remain are h8er-DotA-ers. This is why I quit Warcraft; because there's not enough variety, and almost every game is the same game as before. It gets boring fast, when there's not enough good games to play. This is why Dekar is expanding to Starcraft 2; because he knows, that eventually, (and that eventually isn't as far off as you may think), Warcraft 3 will only consist of DotA players, and those, too, eventually, will also die off.

(raises flame shield)

Starcraft 2 won't ever become as popular for fantasy maps as WC3 is, simply because importing enough models to repaint the entire game look would be preposterous. Sure, you can have your sci-fi and space maps now, but they'll be lame, just like the original starcraft maps were compared to WC3 because starcraft 2 models STILL arent generic enough. How many things can a zergling be? Little fast alien critter. That's one. What can a zealot be? Some dude that hits things with laser claws? That's not even a real description. A zealot can be a zealot and that's that. If you still don't get my point then I'm done trying to sell it.

IMO Starcraft 2 map making won't compare to WC3 map making.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 8:32 am

Quote :
But again, not going to happen since I don't make maps. I just can't stand the grunt work and really don't have time for it. I have a feeling that Jay feels similarly to me about this.

Complete agreement for me. Even if 8.0 was out, I don't know how much I could actually play.

Quote :
Warcraft 3 will only consist of DotA players, and those, too, eventually, will also die off.
I think DotA will last as long as CS 1.6 will. It's competitive gaming after all.

Quote :
IMO Starcraft 2 map making won't compare to WC3 map making.
It's so sad how true this is Sad. I wish it wasn't though.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:44 am

It is sad, but if SC2 actually DOES become a big mapping community to rival WC3 it would just mean I have to spend money to buy it.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 5:11 pm

I'm going to get to work on that collaboration thing. As the one who built this community, I'd like to reserve the right of picking and choosing who joins this collaboration... if that's okay with everyone else.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 5:20 pm

Thats fine..But im sorta working on a map Allready but id still LOVE to help with the spells =]
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 5:43 pm

Does anyone have any other projects that they want us to throw our support behind? As everyone said, the community here is the most important thing. Sure MM&M is an awesome game, but the community that SinisteRing built is what made it great.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 6:48 pm

ok ok i think we start a new game and set MM&M off to the side to more of a secondary project to a new one that way MM&M can be made w/o 500% pressure on the maker
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 8:05 pm

That is a fine idea.

In fact, it is such a great idea that it is already going on in the shadows. Also, if your reading this message you should consider yourself sworn to secrecy lest I get in trouble and also your vision is far too good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction   Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Poll (10/7/08): Forum Direction
Page 1 of 1