Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Remaking skills

Go down 
+8
Lagger09
RapidFireOmega
ÐeathByCyanide
TanK_OwneR
BashAndSmash
Dragonheart91
Jay.J
SinisteRing
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which spell should be remade first?
Raise Dead
Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 17 ]
Interrupt
Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 9 ]
Burn
Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 9 ]
Pacifism
Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 8 ]
Thunderbolt
Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 14 ]
Purge
Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Silence
Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Way of the wind
Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Truesight
Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
Flame Strike
Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Remaking skills - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 81

AuthorMessage
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: I Zap You

Remaking skills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:50 am

Or just look at the numbers over your head lol. I personally hate when You cast restore on someone and they just run out of range lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 4:05 am

channeling spells don't need to be made more noticeable. this is the amount of player skill that one must acquire- to be aware of what the enemy is doing. burn is fine, fits with the theme and is very useful on npc heroes and uber ranged damage on mages. raise dead is pathetic. only lowbies who think it actually does something use it, just because they have mana to use it on the route to skele mage. if they had a spell or something, a taunt or something that made them USEFUL, then maybe they'd be used. so far it's only useful when afk farming on earth island.

thunderbolt sucks, too. but judging from lightning's theme, it's supposed to suck. or so i got from my arguments last forum that lightning isn't allowed to have aoe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 4:34 am

Dragonheart91 wrote:
I think the proposed change would be to make it so you didn't have to channel but it did much less damage. Not 100% it will become that, but wouldn't something like that be MUCH better? Come on...

So you think that making the spell single-cast, damage-over-time is worth reducing the damage?
And you think this will make more people use it?

From what I've read here, the main reason those people don't use it is because they feel it's worthless on anyone except one of the npc heroes and that in that situation, stacking firewalls and flamestrike works better.

This is flat-out wrong.

• "Firewall damages the enemy soldiers and the npc hero at the same time."
    You. Are. A. Fire. Mage. Why the HELL are there any enemy soldiers left alive?

• Firewall has the same mana cost as burn and deals 1/2 of the damage.

• Burn is just easier.

• Burn works on player-controlled heroes and npc heroes with equal effectiveness.

• It takes longer for a player to get away from burn than it does to get off of a firewall.

----------------------------------------------
INDEFINITE MATHS TIME!

First firewall is cast, 4 seconds until the next one.
0.75x4 = 3*power
Second firewall is cast, 4 seconds until the next one, first firewall has 12 seconds remaining.
0.75x4x2 = 6*power
Third firewall is cast, 4 seconds until the next one, first firewall has 8 seconds remaining.
0.75x4x3 = 9*power
Fourth firewall is cast, 4 seconds until the next one, first firewall has 4 seconds remaining.
075x4x4 = 12*power
Fifth firewall is cast, 4 seconds until the next one, first firewall has dissipated.

Only four firewalls can be stacked at a time, dealing 3*power per second, requiring 115 mana every 4 seconds to continue dealing this damage. It takes 12 seconds to begin dealing this amount of damage.

An enemy hero returns from death and kills the soldiers keeping the paladin/knight in place with one or two spells. Npc hero moves forward to attack other units/you.
Your firewalls are now useless.
You are in danger.

Burn is cast.
1.5x12 = 18*power over 12 seconds.
-6 armour over 12 seconds.
Total mana cost = 115

As it is channelled only one burn can be cast at a time, dealing 1.5*power per second, requiring 115 mana per 12 seconds to continue dealing this damage. It takes 0 seconds to begin dealing this amount of damage. Npc hero has minus 6 armour and takes an undetermined amount of additional damage from the soldiers attacking him.

An enemy hero returns from death and kills the soldiers keeping the paladin/knight in place with one or two spells. Npc hero moves forward to attack other units/you.
Your burn is still damaging the npc hero and reducing its armour.
You are still in danger.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 4:40 am

I still think it would be better as a debuff. Imagine casting burn then firewall... Anyway, there is definitely no need for three spells that ONLY work against the NPC. That is just ridiculous, and if you insist on trying to keep burn, I would submit that you should suggest one of the other two go away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 7:02 am

Dragonheart91 wrote:
I still think it would be better as a debuff. Imagine casting burn then firewall... Anyway, there is definitely no need for three spells that ONLY work against the NPC. That is just ridiculous, and if you insist on trying to keep burn, I would submit that you should suggest one of the other two go away.

Because I've NEVER gotten a kill on a player with burn.

Because flamestrike is USELESS again groups of soldiers or completing quests and all players are immune to it.

Sheesh, why are you so dead set on removing a spell from the fire element anyway? I think it's fine as it is.

I actually think it's one of the more balanced elements there are.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 8:38 am

Personally it's when the enemy troops spawn again, and start coming towards me and my troops, they just instantly die from the AoE of the flamestrike. 2 Waves and they die, maybe 3 if it's late enough in the game. I think as a debuff, you could cast it on the NPC hero, cast 3 walls, then if you still have time a flamestrike. Right now you have time for 3 walls, and one or the other. Also if you're using it on the archer burn/flamestrike doesn't make a difference as she won't move anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 6:02 pm

raise dead!!! its pointless the skeles come up and get raped 4.27 secs later and do no damage
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524

Your Character
Primary Move: Combustion-

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 6:22 pm

Jay.J wrote:
Personally it's when the enemy troops spawn again, and start coming towards me and my troops, they just instantly die from the AoE of the flamestrike. 2 Waves and they die, maybe 3 if it's late enough in the game. I think as a debuff, you could cast it on the NPC hero, cast 3 walls, then if you still have time a flamestrike. Right now you have time for 3 walls, and one or the other. Also if you're using it on the archer burn/flamestrike doesn't make a difference as she won't move anyway.

Flamestike is the most under-used fire spell.
Also, pointless. And weak imo.

I take my vote back from burn, and to raise skeleton.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 6:24 pm

I personaly used flamestrike 3x more than I used burn.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 6:37 pm

*high fives DBC* YES raise dead is overly pointless right? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 6:39 pm

Now that some of it has been discussed, Jay.J, you might want to "refresh" the poll by making a new topic and including a few new options like Flame Strike. A more accurate poll would be nice. Also, might want to delete this poll if you do so.
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524

Your Character
Primary Move: Combustion-

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 6:39 pm

TanK_OwneR wrote:
*high fives DBC* YES raise dead is overly pointless right? Twisted Evil

Pretty much. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 6:59 pm

Or I could add it to this poll? You have the ability to take your votes back...as well as vote for more than one thing Neutral...
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 7:05 pm

back to the raise dead thing...
remaking it would probally not fix its not usedism so just making a whole new spell would be easier
Back to top Go down
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 7:32 pm

I don't use burn that much because I feel too vunerable when I cast it, after all I have to be within 750 units to cast it
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 8:37 pm

For me, burns kicks ass. Seriously. It reduces armor, and is a PAIN in the ass to deal with if im on the other side. Especially since most o the time they have no idea there being burned anyway, so i'm just on the cliff going at it and they're like WTF WHY AM I LOSING HP AHHHH BUGS BUGS BUGS!!!!!!. Then they die and i'm like BURN FTW and they're like o... :0. If i start burning someone and they have half hp or under there going to run, which is nice, especially if im behind them hiding behind something and they have no idea where I am. ALSO: great vs. NPCs, armor reduction pays off big time there.

Firewall, on the other hand, I don't even have in my book. I never felt like wasting the skill points on researching it when I 1: never use it 2: its okay dmg over a small area, way to easy to walk out of, 3: very limited in its uses.

I can't really think of any other good fire spells though... WOW NVM just came up with an AMAZING spell that everyones going to hate for it being overused but whatever they can bite me:

Rocket Boost

Lights an explosion under the casters feet rocketing them forward/up, depending where they clicked, does dmg to enemies when hit by the incoming mage, used to get across water if land is within range, up the cliff, and kill fleeing mages that are in pain/just get closer to them. Leaves a trail of fire that does dps (maybe 15dmg/sec and the fire lasts 5 seconds?).

That would be InSaNe but probably hard to code... But man would it be WORTH it.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 8:47 pm

*bites rapid for that idea*
its like icy slide (w/o being able to turn and such) with damage I LIKE IT
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 8:48 pm

More like wind walk probably, your off the ground, you can go up/down, does dmg while passing, can go over things.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 11:03 pm

Wow, so yeah lets steal ANOTHER spell from Wind. The poor element wouldn't have a single unique thing left if you took that... (Water and Light have silence, Ice has better movement, Lightning has better teleportation, if this was added then Fire would have better damage in a line while moving. That only leaves Invisibility as a unique spell... Yeah, it is definitely worth a whole element for one spell... *Sarcasm*)

Anyway, bad idea IMO. Very lame.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 11:33 pm

Dragon stop QQing. Once you see the Element/Wind M-Spells you'll be like "WTF... Why did I complain earlier?"

You just need to wait your sweet time.
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2008 4:31 pm

So is that a "yes" on my spell, a "maybe", an "Ill consider it", a "no", or an "i'm busy move it to suggestions section so when i get a stable version out ill think about it"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 6:13 pm

ya well, raise dead has needed a buff for a long time... tho it could be made usefull by giving it no cooldown and no limit to skeleton max.... totally awesome.

thunderbolt... ill let jayj argue that one for me

but flamestrike i feel is a little too situational for an ultimate... just a differently named "rain of fire" really.

I honestly think that it would be much more fun and used if it was closer to the actual ladder flamestrike... like that little warning its coming up, heavy dmgs in the center, less on edge. then moderate peripheral dmg after the pillar explodes.

see my suggestion in spell suggestions... im gonna try and link it;

flamestrike remake
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 6:33 pm

Burn is amazing, i use it in -anns game all the time, it does alot of damage for little cost. not fitting into combos my rear, it works great to finish peeople that are running because its range goes up to 1150 or so, plz don't remove burn, its a great spell IMO
Back to top Go down
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 7:03 pm

I think flame strike is not worthy of being an ultimate but I prefer to the way it is, so that the good spells are easily obtained. Every Time I play fire I always max every other skill before dumping a single point into flamestrike.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2008 8:16 am

lota stuff gota be remade or buffed a little bit.

i recently started playing as a lightning and maxed thunderbolt. then i realized it only does half my lightningstrike (2.5*pwr) which is farily measly, even though its aoe. so many stuff pwn it.
just have a look at everything and see what u can buff.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remaking skills   Remaking skills - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Remaking skills
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next