Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Garena (The "New" Hamachi)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Garena (The "New" Hamachi) Empty
PostSubject: Garena (The "New" Hamachi)   Garena (The "New" Hamachi) EmptySat May 31, 2008 8:08 pm

Due to problems with Hamachi on several occasions, we'll be using a different LAN network. The network is called Garena. This thread will guide you through the steps to set it up, get connected, get to where we'll be, and play on the network.

1. Download Garena. (Mirror)

2. Register for a Garena account. It takes a very short amount of time. I recommend doing this while the program is installing.

3. Login to Garena after starting the program. The US Server X doesn't matter... but I use 1 if you're worried.

4. On the left side of the screen, you should see "LAN Games". Click on "War3 TFT".

5. A screen should come up with a bunch of servers. Go to America > NorthAmerica. Then, double-click "Canada Room 1".

6. You should now be in a chat channel. You don't need to talk to anyone. However, now go to Settings in the top right of the screen.

7. Under "Game Settings", select "War3 TFT". Under Executable Settings > Game Executable, click Search. If you have troubles with that, go to Browse and get your war3.exe file. Default is C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\war3.exe.

8. If another window comes up asking for you to search your harddisk or whatever, say No.

9. Press OK and you'll be back at the chat channel. Under the chatbox to the bottom right of the screen, there is "Start Game". Press that and Warcraft 3 should start up. If you can't find the "Start Game", it's above the big red "Send" button.

10. Go to Local Area Network. If there's a Mages Magic & Mayhem game up, then get into it. If not, you can host one yourself. Anyone can host on Garena.

We will be able to use this for MM&M at any time. It's basically an Off-Shore Battle.Net. Random people may join our games, and thus we can still spread the map. It's up to you where to go with this.

Last edited by SinisteRing on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:34 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Garena (The "New" Hamachi)   Garena (The "New" Hamachi) EmptySat May 31, 2008 8:12 pm

Ehh, this sounds alot more complicated and less private. Also, wouldn't being offshore lead to more lag? I dunno, I just like Hamachi and see no reason to change. (What are these problems you speak of?)
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Garena (The "New" Hamachi)   Garena (The "New" Hamachi) EmptySat May 31, 2008 8:15 pm

People not being able to see the games, some people being unable to host, some people across the country having lagg, etc.

Also, this reduces lagg more than Hamachi if you can believe it. In a Hamachi DotA I get something like 19-21 FPS. With Garena I was getting 24-25.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Garena (The "New" Hamachi)   Garena (The "New" Hamachi) EmptySat May 31, 2008 8:34 pm

AKA
Hamachi= No
Garena= Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Garena (The "New" Hamachi)   Garena (The "New" Hamachi) EmptySat May 31, 2008 8:58 pm

Updated the guide to go to a different, less populated server/room.
Back to top Go down
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399

Your Character
Primary Move: I Zap You

PostSubject: Re: Garena (The "New" Hamachi)   Garena (The "New" Hamachi) EmptySat May 31, 2008 10:02 pm

Btw on our hamachi game I was soldiers.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Garena (The "New" Hamachi)   Garena (The "New" Hamachi) EmptySat May 31, 2008 10:54 pm

I
cant
get
on
the
garena
site
-_-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content