Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Your Character"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

"Your Character" Empty
PostSubject: "Your Character"   "Your Character" EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 8:59 pm

Ok this topic is for dragon who misunderstood me on another topic... which gave me this idea

Post here how you play "Your Character" in Zync's MM&M

first tell us what element combination you are
then tell us how you like to play your mage

My mage is a lightning/light mage

Im a pure power player from the deepest part of my heart... tho i also do not like to die so i make sure i have those support heals sitting in my pocket incase i need em...

i have a decent amount of health so i dont run low very easily, however if i do i know i have holy nova to back me up.. my mana hardly runs out as i have restore sittin right there... on all those new players who put absolutely no points in stamina i can easily one shot kill them, as for those smart players who put atleast 10-20 points in stamina i can still a 2 shot kill on them if i get atleast one precision strike, if i dont i still get a 3 shot kill.

If im using my Lightning book my strategy is to crack close to em, thunder clap em, and strike em, which usualy gets the job done, [its a different scenerio if they are an earth mage XD]

If im using my Lightning/Light combo book ill try to lead em into the lonely woods with ts then ill crack to em,[ts will hit em] ill strike em, then if they are still standing ill tazer and wait for ts to hit em again, and if they are STILL up then ill just strike em once my cd is done, which is usualy only about 1-3 seconds away after taze is done

Side Note:Most of the time if they do manage to take me out then my static will finish em off

If i have more then 2 people on my team sometimes i like to sit back and support,[which is incredibly boring but it has its bonuses] so i sit back give em bless or holy nova and heals and res, which like i said is boring for me but if it gets me a win then its worth it.

Signature:Demonic_iTunes

Side Note:lol i just added that to be fancy
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

"Your Character" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your Character"   "Your Character" EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Ice is deadly. Lightning is versatile. Put them together and you win. Ice is best in melee range, Kiss and Icy Orb both are balanced by the fact they need to be melee. But wait, I can now crack and use both spells at will. Think you're going to outrun me though? I got Purge AND Freeze. You don't move if I don't want you to. If I book swap, I can Kiss, Orb, Mana absorb, toggle then repeat. I can do huge amounts of burst damage over and over again without hassle. This mage absolutely rapes the Ranger. No issue of having to go around creeps, just crack in, Orb, Kiss so they aren't attack me, and just keep comboing. No one survives.

Dark is one of the most unique mages in the game. It bases it's stuff on more than just power. So what happens when I completely ignore power? 62 Stamina, the rest in essence. Wow, I'm a tank - I know spell resistance, great EHP now as well Smile. So what can I actually do...I know, lets use something that doesn't use power. Summons. Infernal spam means perma stun. Setup with Dark Tithe, and with Blind, they can keep pounding, and it's easy to setup more stuns. You don't run out of mana because of Death Pact. FoD Toggle for NPC hero killing. A burst 1300 damage, with my 4 infernals out tanking. Then you go and Life leech which even with my 14 power, starts doing 90ish dmg on NPC hero's and I start healing now as well. Soul Reaper still does like 300 damage. O did I mention I'm Light so Bless on Infernals, and I can fully heal my 2.3k HP, and like aprox 3k EHP with one Holy Nova?
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

"Your Character" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your Character"   "Your Character" EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 10:49 pm

i have three mages: earth-water, water-light, and dark-fire.

each mage never runs that low on mana.

earth-water is for close range and long range death. 650dmg granite grenades and KO erupts backed up by mass mana (1300 to be exact). earthenskin, mana shield, phase shift, and sinkhole at my disposal are very useful Smile

water-light is for infinite mana and infinite health. it has 1200hp and 1200mana. killer combo: smite, silence, holy bolt, toggle, smite, bolt. 500ish mana for a never-miss combo, as the starter is a targetted stun.

darkfire has death pact on toggle. it also has firey orb, FoD, soul reaper, and death coil. balanced mage that focuses on medium range nukes.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st

"Your Character" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your Character"   "Your Character" EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 7:25 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Ehh? I focus on keeping all of the enemy creeps dead, keeping myself alive, and providing a minimal amount of support for my allies. (Replenish and/or tanking hits for them.)

Generally, my huge regeneration allows me to take hits and keep the enemy creeps dead with aoe spells. The real key to using my mage is knowing how to manage your health and mana, as they are basically interchangeable if used properly, but are both needed in different situations. Knowing when to initiate a hero killing burst is important as well. I can generally do 1200ish damage along with a 2 second stun and 5 second silence when I need to hurt a hero.

Who am I? (Aside from spider-man.) I'm Water/Dark.

This is what dragon said on another topic that he misunderstood which got this topic started
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Your Character" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your Character"   "Your Character" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Your Character"
Page 1 of 1