Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latest Release: Alpha 7.04

Go down 
+3
BashAndSmash
DarkDjinni
Dragonheart91
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 8:26 pm

No one one this forum, except perhaps Jay.J, will ever be an Admin. You'll be stuck as moderators.

Also, DBC, if you want to make a banner that'd be awesome. Not letting anyone have full access to the control panel this time. I've learned from my mistakes with the last one, and will not allow anyone to have control that I do not double-check will be certainly below banning me.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524

Your Character
Primary Move: Combustion-

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 8:30 pm

SinisteRing wrote:
No one one this forum, except perhaps Jay.J, will ever be an Admin. You'll be stuck as moderators.

Also, DBC, if you want to make a banner that'd be awesome. Not letting anyone have full access to the control panel this time. I've learned from my mistakes with the last one, and will not allow anyone to have control that I do not double-check will be certainly below banning me.

Yeah, I see. What happened with the last one...? If you dont mind me asking.
But yes, Ill make a banner whenever I have the chance. >_<

*EDIT* Forgot to mention, Does that mean I have a chance to become a moderator? D:
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 8:40 pm

I was pretty touchy with admins/mods in the last forum, but I wont be with this one. I have complete and utter control over how much power each individual moderator has, which makes me feel much more safe.

What happened on the last one was that all of the Elemental Staff got full admin powers (strong enough to ban even me), and could not be taken away.

Also, that forum failed... no sub-categories ftl.
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 10:30 pm

SinisteRing wrote:
I was pretty touchy with admins/mods in the last forum, but I wont be with this one. I have complete and utter control over how much power each individual moderator has, which makes me feel much more safe.

What happened on the last one was that all of the Elemental Staff got full admin powers (strong enough to ban even me), and could not be taken away.

Also, that forum failed... no sub-categories ftl.

Ahh, So thats why the new forums... o_o;;
Perfectly understandable.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 10:48 pm

Can you not minimize the sub-froums on this one? Seems pointless if you can't. Awesome, I have the chance to have full power. Ban SinisteRing ftw :p (Joking of course).
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 12:25 am

He seems to randomly strip me of all power at times though. I have been as powerless as a normal user multiple time since becoming a mod, and I am currently the most powerful thing below himself. I can moderate the ENTIRE forum besides a couple of random threads that for some reason are immune to anyone moderating. Even Jay can only moderate 2/3 of the forum currently. (At least that is my understanding.) It pwns to be both a Moderator and part of the Elemental Staff.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 1:09 am

SinisteRing gave me powers back. I can moderate everything. Before I had no powers...I'm still being decided on if I should have as much power as SinisteRing himself though.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 1:13 am

Can you moderate the Elemental forums? When I checked last, only E-Staff could. (I have the perks of both, so yay ultimate power.)
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 1:19 am

Yes I can. I couldn't moderate anything before, which is why I didn't edit your wind for the tyops, lack of finished code etc.
Back to top Go down
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Number of posts : 297

Your Character
Primary Move: Change This To Your Own Special Move In Your Profile

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 3:28 am

As we are on the topic of Elemental Staff, I push that we keep it as 3 people.
It isn't hard to check the change logs and change a spell every version, takes couple minutes because you usally list everything that changed about spell.

Nothing against the old Elemental Staff but like i said then I could do the entire thing solo (proved this when new forums came up), 3 people is more then enough.

OFF-TOPIC: Why am I V.I.P - I feel special.
Is it because it is only way to change title on these forums? By giving someone those (U) things and a little message under.

Last edited by DarkDjinni on Fri May 23, 2008 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 9:44 am

I agree. Half our active members in the last forum were moderators of something. Even now, a lot of people are mods...It's like theres a mod for every 3 people :p. The less the more controlled it will be. And ya, the work isn't huge. 3 elemental staff, and then me and SinisteRing if needed.
Back to top Go down
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Number of posts : 297

Your Character
Primary Move: Change This To Your Own Special Move In Your Profile

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 10:29 am

I think the idea was so Sin could work on the map and forums more but anyway, I see your point.
It isn't like it is the solo job of the Elemental Mods, how hard is it for a normal mod to click edit and then change a mana cost or something.
It was only such a mammoth task updating them recently because they weren't exactly updated every change log, apart from Ice (cause Ice is awesome).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:20 am

there goes my powers! lul
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Mine too. :d
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 4:34 pm

DBC, you're going to be the head of the Art Department. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 4:37 pm

SinisteRing wrote:
DBC, you're going to be the head of the Art Department. Very Happy

O'rly? Surprised
Awesome, ^-^ But do I only get powers within that sub forum? >_>;;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release: Alpha 7.04   Latest Release: Alpha 7.04 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest Release: Alpha 7.04
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2