Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ice/Lightning Multispell

Go down 
+4
killll
Lagger09
kuro
Piddagoras
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-07-23
Location : No ty, i don't want people to try to rape me in my own house.

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Posession

Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:27 pm

Well actually it does 184 against 1 mage since there is noone to absorb mana into the target then.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:42 pm

I think that is fine, remember that it only gets powerful when there are alot of mages around, but it can be used on priests, and is capped by how much mana your missing. So this ability is only exceptionally good when your low on mana and surrounded. I think it is fine. (Btw, you do actually drain mana and add it to your own right? I think it should.)
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Ummm.. The idea was that it drains the mana from nearby units into the target(not you) and then makes it go kaboom.

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:49 pm

Quote :
Well actually it does 184 against 1 mage since there is noone to absorb mana into the target then.

You absorb the one opponents mana and damage them based on that as well as the normal 2xpower.

Quote :
I think that is fine, remember that it only gets powerful when there are alot of mages around, but it can be used on priests, and is capped by how much mana your missing. So this ability is only exceptionally good when your low on mana and surrounded. I think it is fine. (Btw, you do actually drain mana and add it to your own right? I think it should.)

I was under the impression it was an AoE absorb mana, and damage that scaled based on opponents with mana. (Preists/NPC/Mages).
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:56 pm

Clarification:

Name:Mana Flare [My idea was Manageddon but that's just bleh]
Range: Melee.
Casting Type: Instant.
Mana Cost: 250 mana.
Requires: Absorb Mana and Thunder Clap.
Effect: Draws 2*power mana from every target that has mana in an AOE of 500 to the mage this spell is cast upon and then detonating the absorbed mana in the target for 2*power + absorbed mana in an AOE of 500.

So it causes mana from enemy mages and clerics around the targeted enemy mage to be absorbed into that targeted mage and then destroying it with an explosion (The mana). So it doesn't give the caster any mana it gives the targeted mage mana but almost instantly destroying it (the mana).

-Belial
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 8:02 pm

so ranged mana drain w/ aoe dmg...no...
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 8:03 pm

Well...I think you should get mana back.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Well how about the damage is just 1 target? Though then it's alot weaker then Soul Reap.

It only costs 250 mana not much to want back from that. Smile

-Belial
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:12 pm

na lightning ice has slow and crach, having a aoe from position spell would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:19 pm

So everyone think it's nicely balanced?

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:03 pm

Ehh, I'm not sure how it works still. Also, I think it should let you keep the mana you drain and deal the damage to everything in the aoe instead of a single target. The only reason I see to give it those two limitations is if we are attempting to nerf it due to how good the Ice/Lightning M-book is.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:09 pm

Besides Icy Orb and frost bolt, the book doesn't have any offence (If you're taking out Kiss). It has a lot of positioning and stuff. Purge, Freeze, Crack.

When I first thought of an idea, I thought of a Melee Nova type skill. Then when I heard this skill I thought it was like this.

Single target damage = 2x power
Nova damage = n [2x power Absorbed And damaged] (Where n is the amount of units in the AoE)

I thought it would be point and click on the enemy target and then the Nova damage would also double as an absorb and burn.
Note: Nova damage is also done to the single target
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:17 pm

Ok this is the final outcome, hopefuly everyone will understand now.

Name:Mana Flare
AOE: 500
Effect: Draws 2*power mana from every target that has mana in an AOE of 500 to the mage this spell is cast upon and then detonating the absorbed mana in the target for 2*power + absorbed mana in an AOE of 500.

(So a mage with 95 power absorbs 190 mana from each enemy mage into the target in a 500 AOE (Exept the target) so the target gains the mana. Next the mana the targeted mage gains will combust and go kaboom and damage any unit still in the 500 AOE(The 95 power mage deals 190 damage if there is only the target and noone to drain mana from but if there is someone to drain mana from like another mage nearby then it will absorb the mana into the target and add that absorbed mana into the damage(it works like Mana Burn so the target that gains the mana won't benefit from the absorbed mana, it's like backward manaburn) and deals a total of 380 damage in a 500 AOE if htere are 2 mana users nearby. So noone effected by this spell gains mana but everyone loses some.)

So it causes mana from enemy mages and clerics(or anything with mana) around the targeted enemy mage to be absorbed into that targeted mage and then destroying it with an explosion (The mana). So it doesn't give the caster any mana it gives the targeted mage mana but almost instantly destroying it (the mana).

Perhaps i oversimplified it but i hope everyone gets it now. (When i was writing that i got confused.)

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:38 pm

I understood it after a while, but then that sucks. You don't gain any mana, and the damage is low unless you have a bunch of mages around (And even then it's not like a OHKO or anything) And it's still limited by the amount of mana the target has.

It SHOULD be.

Name: Whatever
Range: Melee
Casting Type: Nova
Mana cost: 200-250
Requires: Kiss of Ice and Static Charge (Both C spells)
AoE: 550 around the target

Effect: Damages the target for 2 x power and stuns the target for 1 second. 2x power mana is absorbed in 500 AoE from the target from all units who have mana, and does nova damage based on the mana absorbed (To the target and all the units).
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 11:02 pm

Well yea that was my original idea and i would love to have something like that on my Ice/Lightning but that is like the strongest spell there is. It will fill your mana instantly(If u have any common sense to use it right) even if you have 1500 mana. It also does alot of damage so it's like an AOE kiss.

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 11:11 pm

It's a 4x AoE damage spell assuming one target. It goes up the more mages there are, by 2x power for every unit with mana there is. It only gives you aprox 160 mana per unit with mana around (Assuming aprox 80 power). With 5 mages around you, it gives 800 mana (Which is a lot) but when do you ever play fullhouse game with 5 mages. Also, you have to have 800 mana to absorb. You have to use your mana, so you can absorb a bit back so it does the damage it's supposed to do. It's also only 500 AoE, and you have to be in melee range. Having 500 AoE, and more than 3 mages in it is VERY unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 11:17 pm

Well Ice/Lightning has Force of Lightning so an Ice/Lightning mage will have at least 90 mana for sure (Mine has 92 since i like the Ice Accessory better then the Lightning Accessory). And you didn't count the priests, they usually die last during a push so if you time it right you could crack into 3 mages and 5 priests and that will hurt. Maybe some maximum damage cap or a maximum mana absorb cap?

I'm just trying to keep it balanced since there aren't too many really powerful multispells.

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 11:22 pm

You have a maximum absorb cap based on your total mana. Elemental Items are being remade, so you probably wont have huge amounts of power. And 5 preists and 3 mages in 500 AoE? ROFL. Do you know how big 500 AoE is? It's pretty damn small. If they're standing beside 5 preists and huddeled together than they're idiots. In a real gam situation you're VERY unlikely to have more than 5 units with mana in 500 AoE. That's less than your attack range.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 11:25 pm

Hmmm.. well maybe your right. Guess if someone starts standing near a group of priests and the other side has a Lighting/Ice mage they deserve to get blown to pieces. I was just a bit afraid to create a AOE mana drain(Feels kinda godlike, yes i love mana Smile ). And Mana Flare is still a good name for it.

So here is that spell:

Name:Mana Flare
AOE: 500
Effect: Absorbs 2*power mana from every target that has mana in an AOE of 500 and then releasing a nova that does 2*power + absorbed mana damage in an AOE of 500 also stuns the target for 1 second.

The Nova should probably look like a burst of electricity because it is an Ice/LIGHTNING multispell.
Oh and a kept the requirements since i personaly like it when multispells require logical spells not just the ones under the "C" hotkey.

Lol and while i was writing this i thought of a cool Dark/Lightning multispell but i need to do some work on that.

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ice/Lightning Multispell
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3