Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Intelligence

Go down 
+6
Belial
AquaAscension
Dragonheart91
kuro
Lagger09
Jay.J
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Intelligence - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intelligence   Intelligence - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 7:28 pm

Just because it's "the best game in town" doesn't mean I have to accept it though. I would rather say "I don't know" then "I believe in evolution" when I clearly don't and see too many flaws within it TOO believe in it. It's a lot more accurate to say you don't know - but you know what it isn't rather than saying it's something you don't agree with.

Attributing it to God is easy - but because of other beliefs (Like God works through a means) I don't do that. I could say God did it by evolution - but I definitely can't say he did it by the current evolution theory. In practicality I think evolution is a larger leap in faith than one to God.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence   Intelligence - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 10:53 pm

What is abduct? I think you used the term incorrectly, and most people here don't care but if you used the same term with other people that could be bad.

Abduct means to kidnap (take away forcefully or illegally) or to pull away from the center of the body (where the inverse is adduction).

Your reasoning is annoying to me, but I don't matter and I realized that it's probably because I'm much like other people in that I like to think that everyone is like me. However, to realize and respect differences is a far greater ability than attempting, in vain and in egocentric arrogance, to "convert" others to a way of believing.

This thread got way off track. I can only think of intelligence as related to evolution in tracking how much "more" intelligent humans have become as compared to other animals. Whether you believe in creationism or evolution does not matter when it comes to comparing the intelligence of humans to that of other species. Anyhow, dinner and I lost my train of thought.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence   Intelligence - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 11:10 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abductive_reasoning

Not using it wrong. English isn't your first language if I recall? My reasoning is - if I don't know - I don't say it's the best explanation available if that explanation is flawed. At the same time I don't deny it till it's proven either way. (That's called being open minded Razz).

I'm far more on the fence than I am on polar sides of the debate - and it usually turns out the right answer is in the middle (Or one side is COMPLETELY wrong Razz).
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence   Intelligence - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 12:40 am

Nope, English is first. You've got me confused with Belial.

I guess abduction is just an odd term and is more often Abductive reasoning rather than abduction, abduct, etc.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence   Intelligence - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:22 am

O wait you're an English MAJOR Razz. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence   Intelligence - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 11:36 pm

Hey Zync, if you feel like proving your identity, hop in this thread and share your opinion. It should be easy enough to prove who you are with your philosophy arguments more than with anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence   Intelligence - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Intelligence
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: