Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Element Hurt & Heal Discussion

Go down 
+10
diaster
SinisteRing
SkapeGoat
Dragonheart91
Lagger09
killll
RapidFireOmega
kuro
TanK_OwneR
Jay.J
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 8:37 pm

The part that makes it fun is that the element your trying to make win is a secret. It becomes strategic to decide whether you want to make it obvious what element your going for by healing it, or to deceive people by healing an element you don't want to win or even hurting your own element.

It becomes a game of secrets and lies instead of politics. (Which is just a game of lies.)

Mostly, having people tied down to a specific objective with a specific reward might create some interesting situations.

About the grudge, it only exists within this game. There is nothing unhealthy about it.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 8:51 pm

Points remain. You can do the same thing in this game - it's just not set in stone. SinisteRing for example kept the element he was rooting for secret last game.

It also still has too many team possibilities (Everyone goes for one element) and if you go for another one, you just lose because of numbers as well as excluding Me & DBC.

Quote :
If the levels matter to people - they might not just go for their favorite elements anymore. If they don't matter, then they don't change the game but just exclude DBC & me.

Sums it up.

Maybe for a more intricate game - or if a lot of people really do want it I'll do it and just not participate and just moderate/regulate the game.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:23 pm

The point of the reward was just to give something small as an incentive. The reward could just be being able to say that you won or a temporary forum title. (Like until the next round ends.) Either way, I like the concept of having a secret agenda that adds complexity to the game.

Also, sorry about my random post earlier. I totally forgot myself briefly.

Now onto business! All those who ally themselves with the Darkness or who challenge the laws of nature and summon the powers of chaos, awaken! Fire dies tonight!

P.S. Yes, I just saw Straight Jacket. Sue me.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:29 pm

Your openness has caused me to kill dark. With it at 4HP, and with me not having made a move today, and staying up anyway to watch the Daily show & Colbert Report (Class starts @ 11:00 tomorrow for me anyway) just going to do a Midnight kill (So unless someone makes a move from now until then, or beats me to the punch) Dark dies Sad. It also gives me all 3 kills so far.

On another note: You can still have secrecy in this game, and go for an element but not show it - it's just not set in stone and no one will ever know. OR what could actually be interesting - is if next game everyone PMed their move to me so no one actually knew who made what move!?!?! That would actually involve secrecy and keep me involved so I wouldn't mind. I would post the scoreboard up at the end of the day I guess. The current game is so much easier though.

Also, how is that movie?
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:34 pm

I'm still not supporting Dark. I am simply asking anyone who supports Dark to kill Fire. Fire is the primary enemy of Dark, and also currently my primary enemy. Therefore, I have a temporary alliance with Dark.

Your idea sounds kinda cool. You would need to post up the moves with a timestamp to show when they happened, preferably at a consistent time like every hour on the hour. (With any necessary breaks like 8-10 hours during the night and 1-2 hours during classes. Preferably with you announcing when the next posting of moves will be.) Any moves made invalid by moves that happened before them would get a redo.

Straight Jacket was pretty good. Not a bad movie. It wasn't amazing, but it was definitely entertaining. Makes me want a full series with much better explanations of everything though.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:38 pm

eh i support no cause i am not a creator only a destroyer
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:44 pm

Ya....I definitely won't be able to keep THAT updated of a scoreboard which is a flaw to that kind of a game >.>
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 12:11 am

over worked? hungry? GRAB A SNICKES!!
LOL srry... i had to...

DOWN WITH FIRE!!!! HOORAH!!
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 am

I can't believe you beat me & Dragon to it Tank. Very nice. Was beginning to think I was going to get all 8 kills Razz. Stupid Dark died Sad
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:08 am

lol i wanted the kill after i said this
TanK_OwneR wrote:
lol why take the glory for a kill? i mean its not like it means anything and if it did i would trade it for something with more importance like candy or a stick to hit people with
and!
TanK_OwneR wrote:
over worked? hungry? GRAB A SNICKES!!
LOL srry... i had to...

DOWN WITH FIRE!!!! HOORAH!!
WOO HIPPOCRACY!! (woo new word!)
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:10 am

Lol, I actually laughed @ that first comment though. So surprised you beat me to the punch by a few seconds though...Dragon beat me as well - just you beat him. Seriously >.>
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:13 am

i know im amazing! (im such a hippocrite)
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:23 am

I don't understand how though. I was within 5ish seconds of the forum time striking midnight. Literally timing it on my watch and just gave it a few seconds to make sure it didn't go through early. Yet somehow, you still beat me. This just goes to show why you don't announce midnight kills and let everyone sit around waiting.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:49 am

Dragonheart91 wrote:
On another topic, I think we should make the game a little more interesting next round. At the start of the game, each person picks an element they want to win, and then PM's it to Jay. If your element wins, then you level-up. (The forum characters.)

There are only two problems with this.
#1 Jay would have to abstain from playing in order to be fair.
#2 DBC or anyone with infinite levels already has no reason to play.

Still, I think it would be a fun idea that added flavor to the game next round.

*This was originally diaster's idea and he gets full credit. I only slightly modified it.

but i said that too! D: (but i didnt put in the levels part)

also some people have some random levels, like i have 11 for no reason lol...

also lol at ninja 12pm post xD

(also jay, i did NOT post three times in two days! where did you get that from? i posted twice...)
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 9:33 am

Nope, I checked the times. You may have forgotten or something - but there were 2 "Yesterdays" one in the AM one in the PM, and then one "Today" which is why I checked your time zone to make sure it wasn't just a misunderstanding.

And ya, really shouldn't announce my midnight kills Sad
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 11:21 am

Belial has a great attitude. We should all join him.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:05 pm

Double hurt fire and I'll finish the job Razz.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 5:51 pm

ok once again DOWN WITH FIRE HOORAH!!
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 10:29 am

Jay.J wrote:
Sorry about the typos - edited to fix throughout the game. Umm - I guess I can let that go Dragon, since we all know that's what you were going to do. So unless someone complains to me in a PM (or openly) I'll let you have the kill Smile. It'll just be difficult to deal with "What would have happened" if I didn't take away your move since I found it so late. Why are you guys on at 12:00-2:30AM anyway >.>.

Yeah, sorry about that. As you said though, it was obvious what I was going to do anyway, and no one posted between when I intended to post and when I actually did. If you just change the time of my post by 37 minutes, the game is not changed in the least.

And the reason I'm on that late, is because I'm on CST. It is only 11:00 and I don't usually go to bed until 11:30-12:30.
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 3:55 pm

Yea... um... Im definitally complaining openly (only because its fire, nothing against you dragon). That move was clearly against the rules, no exceptions. No matter the argument or reason, he did post twice in the same day, and my fire died because of it. Not ok. Repeal the move plz and reset fire at 1 hp. Or Ill be sad.

I mean, its not that big of a deal, and we do know what you were going to do, and we do trust you not to lie about you comp going kaboomy for an hour, but it was still regardless against the rules. Jay's call I guess.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 3:59 pm

I would not have done it if it effected the game. But, no one posted between 11:59 when I was intending to post and 12:36 when I did post. Therefore, my move didn't do anything unfair.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 4:05 pm

Alright...so what do you want me to do? Just GIVE fire one point back? Delete all moves since that move...? It's hard to deal with >.>. The problem is, if I just give it one point back - then the moment I do that, I can just kill it...so that's pointless and not really fair either. Unless I gave it a sanctuary or something - but that seems complicated.

If you gave me a good way to deal with it, I guess I would.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 4:14 pm

Yeah lol, even if Jay cancels my last move, he'll just kill Fire in that same post.

Either way, Fire is dead. The only scenario I can see you achieving is giving Jay J. the kill instead of me.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 5:06 pm

Like I'm down to have the Fire kill - but I don't think it would be appreciated by Dragon, nor anyone really - and would just seem like an abuse of power.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 5:17 pm

The only possible fair solution would be to cancel EVERYONE's votes for today and make them try again tomorrow. Of course in that case, we are just back to square 1 where Tank and I will do the same thing again. The difference is that this time Jay will be watching and steal the kill from us.

I suggest leaving it alone. My vote being 36 minutes late didn't change anything and might as well have been 36 minutes earlier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Element Hurt & Heal Discussion
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next