Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

changes

Go down 
+2
Belial
kuro
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

changes Empty
PostSubject: changes   changes EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 6:02 pm

basically just post minor changes to mm&m that you would like to see; like i might say 'reword the grunt quest' or 'fix lightning's animation'

even if you have given up on MM&M i havent. so just post things so i can fix it. thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-07-23
Location : No ty, i don't want people to try to rape me in my own house.

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Posession

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 10:30 pm

I actually uninstalled Warcraft after MM&M died since it was the only map i played and for some odd reason Vista crashed Warcraft every time i raised the resolution above 800x600 (My highest resolution is 1440x900). But if someone is going to continue developing it then you just gave me an early birthday present Smile .

Since Lightning became useless after Lightning Strike became targeted maybe change it, maybe make it faster (Like make it hit instantly unless something is in the way.). Also maybe lower the stun on Fireorb's bolts because if you are the target for the orb and you get hit with just one bolt then you will be stunned for the 500-1300 damage and the mage will even have enough time left to kill you in 3-8 different ways (Depends your second element) or/and eat lunch (Depends on your connection). I know that about 10 people will now tell me fireorb is fine (And possibly some will write something unpleasant in caps.) but it's just a suggestion. Also was Slide fixed, i remember it transporting me halfway across the map. I also remember Cyclone instantly killing anyone channeling Armageddon (Not sure if it was supposed to be like that). You also might consider changing Thunder Storm, it had such a huge range that it could hit almost anything on the battlefield and it was also really fast (A strike every 1.5 sec?).

Are you going to reset the codes and adding the new items system (I really wanted to see that.)?

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 12:15 am

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't believe kuro is going to be able to do anything with the map... at all. This coding is VERY complicated and comprehension of it is require to make even minor changes.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 12:46 am

OH COME ONNN!!!

WE AREN't MAKING 8.00!!!

we're constructing a clean version here... everyone's making a mile out of a mole-hill...

dragon, im assuming that because you can assert that even minor changes require such knowledge, that you can do it. please do it.

Spoiler:

Last edited by kuro on Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 2:40 am

I really don't think you grasp this. Do you know C++ or Java Script? The coding of this game is as complicated as either of those programming languages. This isn't some WC3 map with GUI in it, it is a custom coded vJass map using a special system designed by Vexorian, Zync, and Pythagoras.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 2:35 pm

damn, vJass?! D:

but still; does it really take that much editor knowledge to edit a value for a skill, and i can even make a GUI animation... (like how carrion stacks with crushing wave to make cursed wave)

if nobody is willing to do it, it doesnt really matter. if im the only one trying to save the game we once loved so dear, then so be it.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 3:05 pm

kuro wrote:
basically just post minor changes to mm&m that you would like to see; like i might say 'reword the grunt quest' or 'fix lightning's animation'

even if you have given up on MM&M i havent. so just post things so i can fix it. thanks.

its nice to see that belial, like me, hasn't given up on mm&m...

but discouraging to see that everyone else has. confused
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 3:16 pm

It's not that...it's that even a more "Polished" version seems so...subpar - knowing we had so many better plans. Knowing we could have had something better. It's like getting a playstation 2 - It's good, no doubt - but you know there's better out there (PS3). It's like being married to the girl/guy of your dreams thinking you're going to live the rest of your life with them and it's going to be perfect, and they get into an accident and become paralyzed from the legs down. It's still the same person, but it just feel so incomplete and just not what you expected even though it's the same person.

Knowing you could have had better is just saddening...Things are only of value when put into perspective. It's only good in relativity. In relativity to the potential...it's a shame even it's a great map/can be tweaked to a slightly better one.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 5:09 pm

key difference.

its not your spouse, and you aren't paying for it.

its more like making a present for your friend with your friends. dota could have been x24797120 more epic than it is, but they chose a path that worked.

so its like this. either get A for a bit of work or get nothing.

we can still get 8.00 if people want

but apparently nobody wants to because theyre sore-losers; after rhys' disappearance, people 'lost hope' and all of the negative people just had to kill the last ounce of hope we had. belial still has hope. i still have hope.

if you want the job done right you have to do it yourself... so DO SOMETHING!
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Besides bug fixes (Like AoE spells not working) - the version is fine....It just isn't released. You could release what we have now (There is no item system though, you could just take the old one from an older version though).

Little changes aren't needed. Polishing a car with no wheels and an engine...isn't that worthwhile. Sure it's "better" but it's not what it could be. Don't get me wrong if you can, and want to - go right ahead and do the polishing, but it won't be the same as adding the wheels to the car without polishing it, which is what people really want.

As of now, we don't have anyone who could put those wheels on. I wouldn't be against someone putting the map up - open source...so someone with actual coding potential could work on it. "Put on the wheels" if you would...but polishing it just isn't worth the effort.

Your "Key difference" doesn't matter. It's an analogy. The points being compared are all that matter - not the overall similarity between the two objects. That being "Current" versus" "Potential" in a desired object.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 5:40 pm

the car has wheels

windows

rear view mirrors

rims

and an engine

not necessarily the newest, best engine... but an engine nevertheless.

keep in mind we aren't getting 8.00 because nobody but me feels like taking up the job...
and also keep in mind the fact that we aren't getting a polished version because to everyone else, "its not an 8.00"...

well shit, its a lose/lose situation because of this 'no-hope' thing going around...

all we need is a clean version- free of animation and AoE dmg glitches...

WHY IS THAT SO HARD!??!! TELL ME WHY!!!
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 6:37 pm

We have a version with AoE spells that work. It just happens, that version also has no item system. So it has no engine.

Rhys & Pyth & Diaster are the ones with the unprotected versions.

Rhys is MIA.

Pyth .... well maybe you could get an older version off him or convince him to finish the item system.

Or diaster -you can get a version with no item system.

It's been a long time since most people have played MM&M. If you work on it, great. I would love for you to do so. I just don't think that....with the complex coding you would be able to do much. Even if you could, getting a version which has an item system, and has working AoE stuff....that's something that won't be easy. Really - I know you want to help kuro, but we need someone who can understand the code and do it properly. We need Pyth. Otherwise....it's not happening. You don't put hope into something that you think is going to fail, unless you need that hope.

Most people don't need to put hope into MM&M anymore...because frankly, they've moved on. They've found different games. Coming back to it - to put hope into something that again, won't be what you wanted in the first place....why would you do that?

The community is still...semi active. That's enough I think. People won't really come back...unless MM&M gets a new creator - which is again why I think it should be open sourced, since we don't even have a possible creator.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 6:42 pm

i know basic coding, refer to [url=scratch.mit.edu]HERE[/url] to see what i use...

its fairly basic

and i'll probably be using GUI... but ill try to learn jass... i never even knew there was vJass in mm&m...

but it shouldn't be too hard.

at least let me try; any unprotected map is fine. i just wish to look at it for now.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 7:05 pm

Again - you have either a choice of

Pyth - probably can get you an older one with an item system, with AoE flaws (You need to know JASS to fix it)

Or

Diaster - Has a version with fixed AoE stuff, but the version has NO item system.

...Even if you can get an unprotected one....You're screwed >.>
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 7:16 pm

pyth's version is the same as mine, and if you want the map post your email and I'll send it to you, though I'm considering going to the hiveworkshop and finding someone there who can pick up the map.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 7:34 pm

I'm assuming Pyth has more than one version (Older ones) he could give before the item system was deleted.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 8:14 pm

Preferably, a version with the old item system but the bugs fixed would be nice. I made a whole thread with a list of other minor changes that would be REALLY nice to have, but having the bugs fixed would be a start.

I lol at kuro saying she can code MM&M and then messing up the simple forum code. Also, you can't use GUI in this map at all. The abilities aren't even done with the ability editor. EVERYTHING is vJass in this map and you can't do ANYTHING without knowing vJass pretty well.

Btw, why can't diaster just do a couple of simple things and release it? Seriously, a couple of hours of work to get out a polished version. Please?
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 9:00 pm

"I lol at kuro saying she can code MM&M and then messing up the simple forum code"

lol and sinister, rhys, and every other person in the world HASN't messed up before? thats how we get glitches lol. ive seen you quote someone incorrectly before, too, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 9:22 pm

Yeah, I wasn't trying to insult you. I just literally found that amusing.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 10:24 pm

Quote :
nothing ventured nothing gained...

I love your attitude. You're against the world and still standing for what you believe in. Beautiful. I honestly wish you the best in trying to figure stuff out and fix and rebuild MM&M.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:20 am

Yeah, good luck. You'll need it. (I had that attitude until I saw a block of the code from MM&M.)
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:32 am

well let me see the block of code so i can see what im up against please.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:37 am

It was in a private message in my inbox, and I let my inbox get full causing that message to be deleted. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 4:26 am

everyone get back on topic.

this thread is for posting changes you would wish to see in the cleaned-up version, and nothing else.

as a special request to the mods, please delete all posts irrelevant to the topic after this point. if someone wants to shoot down the 'cleaned up version' idea, they can rant about it in another topic.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 11:08 am

Like I said earlier - the only thing that needs some fixing is the AoE, which is already done - just when you get the version, it won't have an item system. If you could manage, an item system would be nice.

Change lightning strike back to targeted. Reduce mana cost of Thunderbolt.
A few of the simpler changes to water to buff it.
Speed up Erupt & Granite grenade.

Ya, I guess that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes   changes Empty

Back to top Go down

changes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-