Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Music for my bff (Jay.J)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Music for my bff (Jay.J) Empty
PostSubject: Music for my bff (Jay.J)   Music for my bff (Jay.J) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:04 am

Today, I realized that I got so caught up in Toribash that I stopped listening to good music (my mom was watching the Grammy Awards and let me know). Anyways, to make up for lost time, I've gone on a music hunt and come up with the following music which I think you might like. Respond to whatever you want, brah:

Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me [Pop] (Mainstream)
Big Time Rush - Big Time [Pop] (Mainstream? Apparently a show)
BT - Suddenly [Techno/Dance] (Not Mainstream)
Dave Matthews Band - You & Me [Pop Country] (Mainstream)
Keane - Somewhere Only We Know [Alternative] (Old, Mainstream)
Lady Antebellum - Need You Now [Alternative Country] (Mainstream, my mom's current favorite song)
Owl City - Butterfly Wings [Pure Awesome] (Not Mainstream)
Owl City - Rugs From Me To You [Pure Awesome] (Not Mainstream)
Okay, call me a nerd... but...
Selena Gomez - Naturally [Pop] (Mainstream...ish)
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Music for my bff (Jay.J)   Music for my bff (Jay.J) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:44 am

Owl City is mainstream now. You must've missed the memo.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Music for my bff (Jay.J)   Music for my bff (Jay.J) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:36 am

Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Music for my bff (Jay.J)   Music for my bff (Jay.J) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:51 am

@Dragon: Owl City is mainstream, but most of the songs are unknown except a select few. (Fireflies to name one)

@Diaster: Not exactly a new song.

@SinisteRing:
Heard "Whataya Want From Me" liked it. Not new though, but ya it's a good song IMO. More of a mood song though, if you're not in the mood it's only average.

Heard "Big Time" and it's from an either Disney or Nick show that my little brother watches. Not a fan of it, maybe because of the show.

Haven't heard "Suddenly" it's okay, hasn't caught on to me as quick as most of your other suggestions do. Seems more like an average song that I'd just hear on like Top 40, and wouldn't bother asking the name of the song, but at the same time wouldn't mind it and would think "Hey, I've heard this" the second time I hear it. That being said, it's growing on me as I listen to it and type this.

For "You & Me" the link you gave me was blocked in my country, but I found another link. Assuming it's not a different version or something I haven't heard it and it's good, but it's not great. Didn't really listen to the lyrics very closely and it seems like a lyrical song though.

Heard "Need You Now" and I like it, however only at certain times. Good song when you are in the mood though.

Not sure if I've heard "Butterfly Wings". I feel like I have, but maybe only once, looking at the date it was posted, I probably haven't. I don't know, this song is average to me. It's like most of his songs, something I'd listen to but wouldn't really recommend or put on like a non-owlcity play list.

Haven't heard "Rugs From Me To You". It seemed short. I don't have an opinion on this one way or another. Average I guess, but not really catchy.

Heard "Naturally" and, despite the fact that she's a Disney child - it's pretty good. Selena Gomez herself is pretty cute though.

Find some better stuff that's not as mainstream, that isn't from bands that I really know etc. You're losing your touch.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music for my bff (Jay.J)   Music for my bff (Jay.J) Empty

Back to top Go down

Music for my bff (Jay.J)
Page 1 of 1