Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses

Go down 
+4
Jay.J
diaster
AquaAscension
kuro
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Models For Boss's Should Be?
Custom Made from scratch
Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Use Pre Existing Model in World Editor
Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Use Other Peoples Models
Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Wind Control

Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses   Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:18 pm

actually it kinda is an issue cause at the time it is difficult for rhys to alter the mode system, and putting this on his todo list would take the time of some other more important project he could be doing like short mode. A war toggle should be a little simpler than a new mode though.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses   Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:18 pm

I see no use in it either, sorry dragon I'm on jay's Side for this one. It would have to be an overwhelmingly in your favor poll to get that instated into the game.

Edit** And yes Diaster is correct in his statement about the game mode coding, its actually a fairly complex system that is not as simple as adding in a if then else statement revolving around if a person types -boss into the game. Changing how many game modes are in the game involves many things including variable changes, multiple function changes all of which are scattered in different areas of the coding and alot of re structuring of existing code to fit it in there appropriately.

Needless to say the reward for such a move is not that big, and the amount of time to do such a thing is fairly large.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses   Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:22 pm

I said the -war command toggle is a good idea, because accidents do happen. But ya, a new mode is so... Bosses should take 4 Veteran players (possible, not easy to do), or 6 mediocre players (for it to be possible)... You'll never need a full house if you're good. Full house just makes it easier.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses   Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:23 pm

agreed, 4-6 players seems like a good balance to strive for in this department.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses   Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:24 pm

Alright, I did not realize the mode system was that complicated. That is very odd, as modes should be the simplest thing in the map.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses   Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:28 pm

lol thats what I said till I looked at the coding sin did for it. I made my eyes wanna bleed.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses   Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Its not that its terribly complicated its the organization system used, everything is scattered all over the place, if you change one thing it may be linked to another library that is buried 1000 lines deep into another library in a random function named something that has nothing to do with what you changed. This is how bugs are caused, when you go in and change something without completing the change elsewhere in the system. If I had to guesstimate I have about 60% of this Map memorized right now and if I needed to I could find just about anything in this map, the other 40% I don't know about simply because I haven't had to do anything with it yet, like the save/load coding or the missile coding.... Extremely complicated things like that. Although Save/Load isn't complicated I just haven't needed to go in there yet.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses   Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:46 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Alright, I did not realize the mode system was that complicated. That is very odd, as modes should be the simplest thing in the map.

Have you ever made a map? Have you ever tried to deal with someone else's badly coded systems in a map that you DIDN'T actually make? Most of Zync's code looks like it was a learning experience for him. I have about 6 unfinished maps with various systems that, although they work, are utter and complete messes. But they were all learning experiences for me, whereas my Kobold map is my masterpiece and MM&M is pretty much cleanup work so far.

I could add making different types of modes to my list. If the community wishes it.
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses   Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:54 pm

its odd that this far along in mapmaking would still be a learning experiance for Zync, considering he made a whole lot of card shuffle vers, and that ent wars map. Ah well, from what I heard from Sin's comments on Zync's coding, it needed the cleanup, so thanks Py.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses   Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 6:05 pm

short mode needs to be the first mode added, I know its probably annoying to those who have been listening to me but I cannot stress enough how important it is which is why I repeat myself on adding it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses   Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Again, I assumed adding a mode would simply mean checking if player one typed this before a mode had been selected, and then implementing the triggers. I had no idea the system for modes in Zync's map was so complex, or that you couldn't just take something else on in another place to add a mode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses   Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Poll (8/16): Bosses
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2