Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's buffing time.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

It's buffing time. Empty
PostSubject: It's buffing time.   It's buffing time. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:11 pm

I think it is almost unanimous that some things need buffs. Which things varies according to opinion. Especially right at the end, SinisteRing nerfed many things. It's time to set things right.

So, let's start to compile a list of what needs to be buffed, and/or suggestions of how to do that. For the moment we can ignore Water because it has it's own whole threads.

Earth:
Hurl Boulder: Very situational now, and much harder to use. I suggest that it's range be increased to 650. Also restore the stun duration.
Fissure: Restore the stun duration to 2 or 2.5 seconds. This ability deserves to be good considering how easy it is to avoid.
Erupt: Put it back up to full speed.
Armageddon: Reduce the self-damage to 100% and reduce the mana cost by ~50.
Earth Morph: Remove and replace with something good. Either that, or actually do something to scale it. In either case it needs drastic changes.
Interrupt: Still kind of weak, I think it should continue to do .5 second stuns every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. (So a total of 1.5 seconds more stun spread out over the next 6 seconds.)

I am stopping at the Earth element, but I will do more later. I would also like any suggestions from other people on the elements that I am not as familiar with. (Lightning and Fire.) Or really, any element you think needs buffs to something. (Besides Water.)
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

It's buffing time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's buffing time.   It's buffing time. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:13 pm

Earth morph needs to scale, and I'd be really sad to see it go...Actually I think it should do more damage off stamina, I mean if a mg get in range of you and can hit you like 4-6 times I think the normal mage (1.2k hp) should die.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

It's buffing time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's buffing time.   It's buffing time. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:18 pm

Quote :
Hurl Boulder: Very situational now, and much harder to use. I suggest that it's range be increased to 650. Also restore the stun duratio

You can't use it at it's current max range with Fissure. It needs faster cast and travel time if anything - otherwise it's fine IF Fissure get's a stun buff.

Quote :
Fissure: Restore the stun duration to 2 or 2.5 seconds. This ability deserves to be good considering how easy it is to avoid.
2-2.25 seconds is all it needs.

Quote :
Armageddon: Reduce the self-damage to 100% and reduce the mana cost by ~50
Agreed.

Quote :
Earth Morph: Remove and replace with something good. Either that, or actually do something to scale it. In either case it needs drastic changes.
Remove it has my vote.

Quote :
Interrupt: Still kind of weak, I think it should continue to do .5 second stuns every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. (So a total of 1.5 seconds more stun spread out over the next 6 seconds.)
Besides numbers - agreed (Since it was my idea Razz).

Quote :
Erupt: Put it back up to full speed
I don't know what full speed is...but it should be 4.5 fissures a second. Around 3 seconds total with the Earth Gem.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

It's buffing time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's buffing time.   It's buffing time. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:20 pm

idk about fissure, i think 2.5 sec total stun time is plenty, cause the 3 sec stun was way to much...so prolly 2 sec stun when maxed out and armor adds .5sec to it should be plenty buff, and I still think interrupt should be replaced, it has like no synergy...
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

It's buffing time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's buffing time.   It's buffing time. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:23 pm

How often do you use Earth :S. Interrupt is decent - you use it, got 1.5 seconds to walk up, then you fissure and Hurl Boulder. It's your initiating stun. It just needs to be something more than a non-damaging stun, such as the interrupting every few seconds afterwards.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

It's buffing time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's buffing time.   It's buffing time. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:24 pm

I use earth pretty often in anns, and I found it to be useless...not nearly enough time to get anywhere close w/ how slow earth mages move.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

It's buffing time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's buffing time.   It's buffing time. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:26 pm

I use blink boots in -anns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's buffing time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's buffing time.   It's buffing time. Empty

Back to top Go down

It's buffing time.
Page 1 of 1