Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting?

Go down 
+9
kuro
Dragonheart91
RapidFireOmega
Jay.J
Lagger09
TanK_OwneR
Zync
killll
SinisteRing
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Is World of Warcraft too addicting?
Yes
Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap69%Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 69% [ 9 ]
No
Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap31%Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting?   Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 11:50 am

Quote :
BTW, I don't think need has to be conditioned. The sentence "I need water" is a perfectly valid and complete sentence. Subject, verb, direct object. In fact, "I need" is also technically a complete sentence but it doesn't impart much information.

Grammatically correct. However it's "wrong" in the sense you DON'T need water. You "need" water when you put a condition on it. It's understood that the condition is life or to quench thirst because that's how the human brain works - however that condition is still there. The sentence "I need" is meaningless, on account of you don't NEED anything UNTIL you put a condition on it.

Quote :
I understand the point about needing things for survival and that no one can live forever, but that's slightly beyond reason. If that were the case, then everyone would "need" a way to be immortal. Rather, I think it's the case that the world "needs" everything to eventually die so the whole "circle of life" thing remains intact.
I think you missed my point.

You said:
Quote :
I'd say that an addiction is something that someone feels they need to survive but does not actually need.
My point was that you don't NEED anything to survive. You can live for a few days, hours, minutes, seconds whatever without any of the basic conditions of life. You live longer with them, but you don't NEED them unless you put on a condition like "I need the basic conditions of life to live more than a few days" but you don't need them just "to live".

Quote :
But, you're right. This argument has boiled down to opinion. That's what most arguments tend to do. Maybe it's just a consequence of the post modern world we live in =/
More the fact that I was arguing for the sake of argument and just being far too picky. I get far too much enjoyment out of debate than I should.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting?   Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 7:46 pm

WoW is too addicting. End of conversation.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting?   Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 8:14 pm

err the discussion ended um... 5 days ago...?
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Number of posts : 297

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Change This To Your Own Special Move In Your Profile

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting?   Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 10:30 am

Make a Warlock.
Max level it.
Get PvP Gear
Run around in BG's like a fuckwit.

Fuck running around in BG's like a fuckwit was actually fun, but I am someone who also gets a bit of enjoyment out of getting my items. So killing 10000 people to get enough honour to get max PvP gear isn't that big a problem for me. Arena was bit of a pain, but cause it was with a mate it was fun also, even if we lost.

But best part for me was BG's don't need to rely on a guild or need to find 4/6 other people. I just click join and usually join in a minute, then I get to run around like a fuckwit playing an OP class.

In answer to the actual question, like others said it depends on the person. Also, what sort of addiction. I did no life some days if there was an item I wanted and I didn't want to get it another day. But I could go weeks without playing and not care. So I don't know, judge that how you see fit.

Alot of advertising products use psycs, makes selling more effective.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting?   Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Poll (11/19/08): WoW too addicting?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3