Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thunderstorm and Elemental

Go down 
+3
Rhys
BashAndSmash
Mikazuki
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikazuki
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Thunderstorm and Elemental Empty
PostSubject: Thunderstorm and Elemental   Thunderstorm and Elemental EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 7:56 am

Just two bugs.

Thunderstorm doesn't always strike every 2.5 seconds. Sometimes the interval between strikes is 2.5 seconds, but sometimes it's as long as 10+. Yes, there are enemy units in the 1250 AoE.
Also, the learn tooltip of thunderstorm is different to the actual tooltip (I think it says the interval is 3.5, where the interval on the actual tooltip is 2.5. Something like that).

Lightning Elemental does not hit multiple targets per attack. The tooltip of Chain Lightning implies that it works every attack, so I assume I wasn't just extremely unlucky.
Back to top Go down
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: I Zap You

PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorm and Elemental   Thunderstorm and Elemental EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:05 am

Yes it is bugged. Thanks for bringing this to the forums.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorm and Elemental   Thunderstorm and Elemental EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 2:31 pm

I will look into both of those tonight when I get home from work. (On lunch break right now)
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-07-23
Location : No ty, i don't want people to try to rape me in my own house.

Your Character
Primary Move: Posession

PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorm and Elemental   Thunderstorm and Elemental EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 6:26 pm

Thuder Storm sometimers doesn't hit at all. I got a replay with alot of duels in the middle.

Broken Thunder Storm

Hope it helps.

Edit:
Also found some extreamly strange bug with Tazer, but it's rare so not that much of a problem.

Permastun Tazer
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorm and Elemental   Thunderstorm and Elemental EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:45 pm

I've experienced the tazer bug before, it appears to be a problem with warcraft 3, because tazer is completely GUI made based on aerial shackles.

Thunderstorm, unless Rhys changed it without posting it on the changelogs (which is entirely unlikely), is not broken, it uses the same target acquisition algorithm that lightning strike does, and simply picks a random direction. We felt that the previous version of thunderstorm in which it simply iterated a grouping function every period was overpowered in situations where there were no npc creeps to soak up possible hits.

Duels in the middle are precisely the reason that thunderstorm was changed to this form. Because if you precast TS, walk into range, lighting strike, crack, and thunderclap, if they aren't dead already, they will be by the next TS period or when they annihilate you in one shot because you only have 500 hp and get static charged.

Or for instance a group of mages get thunderstorm stacked on all of them and then walk into range of the NPC heroes, if it's still a sure hit every single interval, not even counting regular nukes, something is going to die.

I hope this brings some clarity to the situation.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorm and Elemental   Thunderstorm and Elemental EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:51 pm

beautiful pyth, could you do the new static next maybe?
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorm and Elemental   Thunderstorm and Elemental EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 10:45 pm

It would be nice if it showed the animation of all those Lightning Strikes. Of course that might be overly laggy.

Although Lightning Strike itself still needs an animation. (Seriously, I don't care if it looks stupid. It would be better than what we have now. Besides, if it only lasts like .3-.5 seconds then it can't look too terrible.)
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorm and Elemental   Thunderstorm and Elemental EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 12:52 am

True, i would like to see a chain lightning missile on lightning strike.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorm and Elemental   Thunderstorm and Elemental EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 1:09 am

Its not a missile. I'll throw one together or tell Rhys how to do it for the next version release. You'll love it, i'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunderstorm and Elemental   Thunderstorm and Elemental Empty

Back to top Go down

Thunderstorm and Elemental
Page 1 of 1