Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Funny Quotes

Go down 
+7
Bartimaeus
diaster
Dragonheart91
Rhys
SinisteRing
kuro
Jay.J
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:42 pm

Ok this is the funny quotes game

you can either make up your own quotes or post quotes by other members or people that is funny, wierd, unorthidox, etc.
REMEMBER the quote from another member MUST be from another topic
I will score you depending on how funny your quote is, you can also get points by how wierd it is, how unique it is, etc.

If you think that another quote is funny you are free to speak up and it could give that member extra points
IF a winner is not awarded atleast once a day i WILL pick the winner

The winner will post a theme and judge after atleast 5 posts... you can keep posting after 5 posts until the judge has done his job and picked the next winner...
It may help you to know the judges sence of humor as it may give you bonus points...

REMEMBER if the quote is not funny in any way shape or form then you can lose point

READ THE RULES BELOW!!

Rules
1: Do not post or make quotes that involve insulting other members of Clan ZMMM, however you are alloud to post or make quotes that involve insulting famous characters or players who are not involved in MM&M or the ZMMM community or clan, such as President Bush, or Tom Cruise, or Sniper23xXx[player on wc3 who is a douche bag].

2: Do not quote posts on this topic and use them as your funny quote, only quote if you are making a point as normal.

3: [CHANGED] You are now only aloud to post 1 quote a day.. if you didnt read what diaster said which he brought up a good point... this will allow people to save their good quotes for later and not waste more then needed on one day... However if you have a quote that contained 2 different people.. one says something the other responds that IS aloud...[like what dragon did on page 2 and what sin did on top of page 3...]

4: If the winner of the previous day chooses a theme, say comedians, you are only aloud to post quotes about comedians, if you post a quote about another theme or just freely you will lost points

5: CHECK THIS TOPIC AT THE END OF EVERY DAY, I will be posting the winner of each day at 10:00 p.m. sharp everynight, this is central time for those who are wondering.[Kansas etc], if the winner does not post a theme before midnight central time then the theme will be no theme the next day, even if the winner posts a theme the next day after midnight central time then it is no theme

6: NEVER by anymeans post a quote that could endanger the reputation of ANY member of the ZMMM community, this includes trashing the person, revealing private details about the person etc, However if there is a funny quote that violates this rule but the member him/herself says you can post it and he/she posts here that he/she will allow it to be posted then it is allowed.

7: IF you post a quote after i have already decided the winner but before midnight central time it will NOT count

8: Atleast one winner must be selected each day to keep the game active

Everytime you enter this topic remember to check the rules as i may add/remove rules as the game continues

For those who do not know how to make quotes here it is
first type quote="name" with [] around the whole thing[remember the "" around the name] then type the message then type /quote with [] around it

Examples:
Demonic_iTunes wrote:
Hello this is the funny quotes game
George Bush wrote:
Hello im the dumbshit president

AGAIN Remember to check this post everyday you compete as i may have added or removed rules or added or removed certain text

Last edited by Demonic_iTunes on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:32 am; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Inferno

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:57 pm

Is it limited to this forum? drunken
Back to top Go down

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 11:21 pm

no it is not you can make a funny quote about anything unless the winners theme is the forums

EDIT: also there WILL be a winner tonight if anyone decides to post one [this could be an easy time to get points AND a win however if you win tonight you will NOT be allowed to pick a theme as not many people know this even exists yet]
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 11:27 pm

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:04 am

And the winner is...
Jay.J with the following quote
Jay.J wrote:
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

he recieves 50 points for the quote and 20 bonus points for being our first poster and our only poster on the first night... congratulations Jay.J

dragonheart will recieve 40 points +20 for helping get this going with a post on the first night giving a total of 60

Last edited by Demonic_iTunes on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:05 am

fluppy wrote:
Your MUM is like a train.. because she is big, and everyone has had a ride, and she costs like $1.20 to ride, and after you ride the train, sometimes you catch the bus too, and people graffiti your mum too, and sometimes your mum crashes into another one of your mum and heaps of people die.

Edit:WTF?! I WAS ALREADY POSTING WHEN YOU ANNOUNCED WINNER!! ARGH!!
Back to top Go down

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:13 am

dragon ill give you some leeway and give you some points however you will not recieve as much as jay and in that you wil not win
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:16 am

Sigh, I get an automatic lose for posting 4 minutes over the deadline? I guess I can understand that even while it annoys me. Could you please score our quotes against each other? It is pointless for you to just give me points, I want to know who's quote was better.
Back to top Go down

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:23 am

sorry i usualy dont have much time passed the deadline i have a few chores to do then i hit the sack for school the next day so im gonna be pretty strict about the deadline... however i believe that i scored them how i would have anyway 50 for his and 40 for you... yours was good but it was kinda long and didnt really flow to great... but after reading i got the joke instantly so i still gave you a 40.. i gave jay a higher score because his was short and simple but funny at the same time...

EDIT: a reminder after midnight central time you are allowed until the deadline the next night to post 1 or 2 quotes... tonight i didnt get finished writing the rules and such until 8 - 9 wich gave people only 1 - 2 hours to post quotes so i gave the people who did bonus points anyways for doing so but like i said after midnight you have allday until the next night to post 2 quotes which should prevent people not making the deadline if they plan to compete

also PM me ideas about what i should do for rewards for winners besides recording it and putting on the hiscore i dont like the themes idea

Last edited by Demonic_iTunes on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:26 am

That is ok, I just wanted to see it judged. I will make sure to be in before the deadline in the future, but I logged on at 9:59 tonight, and it took me two minutes to read the rules, and another three to find and type the quote.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 1:03 am

Theme: Politics
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 1:10 am

Bush is my subject, duh.

Bush wrote:
There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

Bush wrote:
'Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.''

Also, this website = I win. Website of my ultimate winnage.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 4:04 am

John McCain wrote:
I will veto every single beer.
*just btw, mccain had meant to say bill but actually said beer*

Jesse Jackson wrote:
See, Barack's been talking down to black people on this faith-based...I want to cut his nuts off."
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Your Character

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 11:08 am

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Bush is my subject, duh.

Bush wrote:
There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

Bush wrote:
'Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.''

Also, this website = I win. Website of my ultimate winnage.

This reminded me of Minsc...

Minsc wrote:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, watch out! I'm HUGE!

Very Happy

(edit)

Jan Jansen wrote:
(Jan in Hell)

Jan- Whoa! This place looks just like… it reminds me of… this is just like that time I… hm. I don’t think anything like this has ever happend to me before…
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 3:56 pm

George Bush wrote:

''You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror.''

Slip up much?

Dwight D. Eisenhower. wrote:

"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before."

O RLY?!?
Back to top Go down

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 9:01 pm

lmao funny quotes... so far jay is leading. kuro in second, dragonheart in third [which could change cause i havnt read dragons winning site yet which im doing right now]

3 hours left until winner is decided

EDIT: LMFAO i would say that dragon is winning cause of the two quotes below however you can only post two quotes at a max and he already did so he is still in the same position

George H.W. Bush wrote:
"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks." —in 1988

George H.W. Bush wrote:
"Please don't ask me to do that which I've just said I'm not going to do, because you're burning up time. The meter is running through the sand on you, and I am now filibustering." —in 1989
Back to top Go down

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 12:06 am

And tonights winner is... Jay.J with the following quote
Jay.J wrote:
George Bush wrote:

''You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror.''

Jay.J scores a total of 80 points this round

The rest of the members will recieve points as followed

Kuro - 70 points
Dragonheart91 - 60 points
Bart - 50 points

Also i have decided to keep the winner picks a theme so jay plz select a new theme within the next 2 hours... try to keep an open mind and spread the themes out and dont select the same ones very often...
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 12:22 am

Sorry, I messed with the Bush quote website for a while, picked my favorites and posted. Your favorites differ from mine and that is fine, just so long as we all got a laugh I am happy.

For a criteria some time, I would like another one that lets me quote people on forums, as I have a stockpile of HILARIOUS quotes from people's signatures and stuff.
Back to top Go down

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 12:29 am

what i would like is for more then just me to judge... if anyone wants to help in judging if you like a certain quote post it or pm me

EDIT: the reason for this is so that we get multiple peoples sence of humor into judging these... cause mine is probably way different then say dragon's and that isnt very fair for me to decide by myself how funny or good these quotes are so if anyone wants to help me judging send me a pm

also for dragonheart's edit im going to remind the winner to make the theme unique as you can.. there will also be days that i WILL not allow a theme to be picked in which i will say when i announce the winner.. if you are allowed to pick a theme you can also say "no theme" which will let people quote anything and everything that doesnt break the rules.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:36 am

You could let the winner judge. Winner picks criteria AND judges, that way everyone gets a chance to cycle through with their own sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 11:26 am

WOOOOOOOT, 2x winner. Theme: No theme.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 11:31 am

Pieman wrote:
All human beings have a right to their opinion. It's my opinion that yours is full of crap. - Pieman

Narcotic @ May 12 2008, 06:45 PM wrote:
Don't be so light footed, dude. If you want to get dates, you have to be willing to step into the center of the crowd and show yourself. You can't hide or anything.
Terra @ May 12 2008, 06:46 PM wrote:
Yes, but usually the crowd is full of people I wish were dead.

I consider the second pair a single quote.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Your Character

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 4:17 pm

Last edited by Bartimaeus on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 4:23 pm

I have a set of good ones for forum signatures, so I hope we do a category like that soon.

P.S. Good ones Bart, too bad you used pictures. Seems kinda cheap lol.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 4:54 pm

pix are cheap, its not just the quotes on the pix its the pix themselves so that doesnt count... XD

we should have a funny pictures w/ quotes thread.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Sponsored content

Funny Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Quotes   Funny Quotes Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny Quotes
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next