Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Noobie Guide

Go down 
+4
kuro
Jay.J
diaster
Belial
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-07-23
Location : No ty, i don't want people to try to rape me in my own house.

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Posession

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Mages Magic & Mayhem needs a guide to help the newbies (I'm tired of telling them to equip their items by clicking on them). So i figured i could write one.
It should be added to the quest log or a command should be made to display the guide (Like -iamnoob)

Well here goes:
Welcome to the Noobie guide. There are 10 easy steps to play Mages Magic & Mayhem successfully.
Step 1:
Buy farmers at your farm, they farm gold and their wives help them relax (Yes u get more gold too).
Step 2:
Equip your items by clicking on them and selecting the slot you want them to be in.
Step 3:
Don't worry, the game will be more interesting after you pick your element at level 5. To do that, type "-element [the element you want]" and "-element list" to see what elements are selectable.
Step 4:
Now that you have your element, you need spells. You can get spells by pressing F8 which will take you to your spell shrine. It uses skill points (wood) to buy spells. Skill points are gained from every odd level after level 5 (level 5, 7, 9, 11 and so on).
Step 5:
Now you will probably want to cast those spells and for that you need a spellbook. Spellbooks are sold near the Big Tree in the middle of the town, but if you are in the war they are sold by Drak'thul next to your team's castle.
Step 6:
The objective of the war is to kill the enemy Paladin, but the enemy loses 1 troop from their spawn if you kill the Knight and 1 archer if you kill the Archer Hero.
Step 7:
There are also quests. Every NPC who sells items has quests, but to get their quests you need to talk to them and the easiest way to do that is by pressing "F" then "C" but you can also use "Local Skills" and "Interact".
Step 8:
If you suddenly can't move, you probably pressed "View Items" under "Local Skills" and you can fix it by pressing "View Items again. "View Items" is used to unequip the items you have equipped, which is useful if you want to sell something.
Step 9:
To save your game, type -save and then follow the instructions and copy it into a notepad file.
Step 10:
62 is the maximum level, but you can still level up after you hit 62; however, you only get 1 skill point per level.

That's it. If u can think of anything that should be added or removed just post it here.
Thanks to AquaAscension for some spelling help.

-Belial

Last edited by Belial on Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 9:12 pm

there needs to be no newbie guide here however.. newbies do not come to the forums until they learn how to play and notice there is a clan in which they join it then join here but they already know how to play so hence they are no longer a newb...

newbs NEVER visit this site because they dont know there is one because they are NEWBS hence this thread is pointless...
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 9:15 pm

Ummm yea but i guess you did not read the whole thing.

Quote :
It should be added to the quest log or a command should be made to display the guide (Like -iamnoob)

I read a thread where Rhys said he did not have time to make a guide and anyone who is willing can write one so i hope he will add this to the game.

-Belial
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 9:28 pm

lol, I suggested this sin rejected it saying there is enough noob help but since someone took time to write the guide hopefully it will be added.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 10:24 pm

I thought he accepted it and suggested a contest for a noob guide. Someone started writing one and said "JAY AND DJINNI DON'T WRITE ONE, I WANT MY GUIDE TO BE IN IT"
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 10:59 pm

Your grammar and spelling mistakes annoy me. Otherwise the guide is good.

Quote :
Well here goes:
Welcome to the Noobie guide. There are 10 easy steps to play Mages Magic & Mayhem successfully.
Step 1:
Buy farmers at your farm, they farm gold and their wives help them relax (Yes u get more gold too).
Step 2:
Equip (there is no "t" in equip!!!) your items by clicking on them and selecting the slot you want them (you mistake the word "then" for "them alot" more careful typing?) to be in.
Step 3:
Don't worry, the game will be more interesting after you (the phrasing was awkward) pick your element at level 5. To do that, type "-element [the element you want]" and "-element list" to see what elements are selectable.
Step 4:
Now that you have your element, you need spells. You can get spells by pressing F8 which will take you to your spell shrine. It uses skill points (wood) to buy spells. Skill points are gained from every odd level after level 5 (level 5, 7, 9, 11 and so on).
Step 5:
Now you will probably want to cast those spells and for that you need a spellbook. Spellbooks are sold near the Big Tree in the middle of the town, but if you are in the war they are sold by Drak'thul next to your team's castle.
Step 6:
The objective of the war is to kill the enemy Paladin, but the enemy loses 1 troop from their spawn if you kill the Knight and 1 archer if you kill the Archer Hero.
Step 7:
There are also quests. Every NPC who sells items has quests, but to get their quests you need to talk to them and the easiest way to do that is by pressing "F" then "C" but you can also use "Local Skills" and "Interact".
Step 8:
If you suddenly can't move, you probably pressed "View Items" under "Local Skills" and you can fix it by pressing "View Items again. "View Items" is used to unequip the items you have equipped, which is useful if you want to sell something.
Step 9:
To save your game, type -save and then follow the instructions and copy it into a notepad file.
Step 10:
62 is the maximum level, but you can still level up after you hit 62; however, you only get 1 skill point per level.

My edits are in bold red. Use them if you want.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 11:06 pm

Sorry about annoying you silent , my native language is not English so i tend to make mistakes and this keyboard is new so it takes some time to get used to it.

I also fixed the spelling.

-Belial
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 11:26 pm

Oh, my bad. I'm kind of a grammar nazi though... i usually don't care but if it has a possibility to go in the game, I've got to change it man. Also it gives me an excuse to feel like my college education is worth something Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 12:03 am

never knew that about you aqua.. you never correct me on any of my grammar screw ups..
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 1:51 am

1-first of all, nice guide skuller (yes i know its u Very Happy )

Jay.J wrote:
I thought he accepted it and suggested a contest for a noob guide. Someone started writing one and said "JAY AND DJINNI DON'T WRITE ONE, I WANT MY GUIDE TO BE IN IT"

2nd of all, that was either lagger (who wrote a short guide) or me (who said 'is anyone writing a guide? if not ill have one' or something like that)
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:29 am

oh its skuller?! lol i never woulda guessed probaby because i never play much anymore... hahah i was wondering why he was acting so "comfortable" with the clan like he already knew everyone...

was kinda creeping me out...
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:45 am

I wrote a guide, its in helpful threads, plz go look at it. Its even got colors and such, basic, but it says just about all the basic, w/o giving strategy. kuro asked Jay and Djinn not to make one, so she could write one, but i beat her to it. will ad my opinion after i look over it.

EDIT: Good, very basic, but it covers most stuff. i don't like the format of it being in steps, but thats just me i suppose. it lacks alot of specific numbers, like max total stat pts, skill pts per odd level and such, but covers most everything else
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:41 am

AquaAscension wrote:
Oh, my bad. I'm kind of a grammar nazi though... i usually don't care but if it has a possibility to go in the game, I've got to change it man. Also it gives me an excuse to feel like my college education is worth something Very Happy

Same here. However, I don't correct people at all if their main language isn't English, because I feel that they deserve that respect.

People that have english as their MAIN, however.... Face Palm

As for the guide, it would probably be beneficial to add it to the Quests section, as well as make a command for it, so you don't have to keep opening and closing it, which, believe you me, is EXTREMELY annoying.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 5:06 am

Hence the "Oh, my bad". And there's a line between respect and condescension. There are a few German students living near me and they prefer it when I correct them so that they can learn and hopefully not be looked down/ridiculed by someone who's not quite as tolerant of people from different cultures/languages. So, I correct out of respect and learning rather than condescension.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 5:10 am

Oh, I didn't mean to insult you/whatever I did, if that's what it looked like.

It just really, really annoys crap out of me when jerks like Ozzapoo, (on wc3edit), correct people who barely know English, or even, sometimes, are just using a translator, and then calls them an idiot.

He doesn't hardly do that anymore, because me and Dekar warn him for doing that, though.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:09 am

Demonic_iTunes wrote:
oh its skuller?! lol i never woulda guessed probaby because i never play much anymore... hahah i was wondering why he was acting so "comfortable" with the clan like he already knew everyone...

was kinda creeping me out...

I hoped to creep out atleast one person, so mission successful. Very Happy

And don't worry about correction me, i actually prefer if someone does. I write reviews for a newspaper (In my native language though) and there i got my own personal grammar checker so i am used to it. Smile

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:16 pm

It isn't perfect, but covers the basics, and is alot better than nothing. I second/third/whatever us having a noob guide in the game. I think it would be beneficial. (I don't care what guide, so long as we have something.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Noobie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Guide   Noobie Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Noobie Guide
Page 1 of 1