Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Human Mind

Go down 
+8
killll
diaster
kuro
Jay.J
Siddha
SinisteRing
Dragonheart91
ÐeathByCyanide
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

The Human Mind - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:18 pm

im not ignorant quit saying that lol... i just personaly dont believe in this stuff..

i think your ignorant for trying to dictate this whole thing onto me
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:22 pm

Quote :
Proof only makes it less interesting. The more you know the less you care. Ignorance is bliss

Where do I refer to you at all? I'm being serious. That's not just a saying for no reason. The less you know, the happier you generally are. If you're wife is cheating on you, you're happier not knowing. Being ignorant. Granted it's not right...but that's how it works.

When you see a magic trick, you're awed by it. You feel like WOW how did that happen. That defies everything!!! ZOMG?!?!?! But when someone explains it to you, and you see the exact same thing in the exact same manner it's just like...meh. By not knowing you're happier.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:22 pm

Experiment repeated with the exact same results. Size was altered slightly to a range of 4-12 inches across. More deviation than that caused the pressure to cease. Any attempt to manipulate it or look at it in any other way caused the pressure to cease. It's interesting, and I am curious what phenomena causes it.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:23 pm

Don't try to figure it out. It won't be as cool or interesting if you know anymore. Just be like, wow - that shit's cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Jay.J wrote:
Quote :
Proof only makes it less interesting. The more you know the less you care. Ignorance is bliss

Where do I refer to you at all? I'm being serious. That's not just a saying for no reason. The less you know, the happier you generally are. If you're wife is cheating on you, you're happier not knowing. Being ignorant. Granted it's not right...but that's how it works.

When you see a magic trick, you're awed by it. You feel like WOW how did that happen. That defies everything!!! ZOMG?!?!?! But when someone explains it to you, and you see the exact same thing in the exact same manner it's just like...meh. By not knowing you're happier.

i guess im not ignorant... i like to know how tricks work so i can repeat and enhance them...

if my wife/girlfriend was cheating on me i would want to know so i could end it and find someone who was true and honest... no someone who just makes you happy at first glance.. but in the background doesnt take you seriously and is slowly tearing you apart..
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:34 pm

Hey Jay, you should try it too. Start by curling your tongue so the bottom of it touches the top of your mouth, and make sure there are no distractions. Keep those two things constant during the entire exercise. Then, sit up straight, and breath deeply until you can hear your own heartbeat clearly. After that, put your hands out in front of you palms towards each other with your elbows down resting. Then visualize a gold ball between your hands that is heavy and you have to push your hands together very hard to hold it. But, don't actually push with your muscles. Just your mind. After your totally "intimately aware" with your gold ball, slowly start moving your hands together and visualizing shrinking it. There you go, you should feel a pressure.

I am now thinking that visualizing the pressure is probably what causes the phenomena.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:43 pm

search 'chi gong' on youtube to see an old 15minute chi gong excersise where you move around the chi (energy). this is basically where i learned energy and everything from.

*i also did other things, but i wont go into much detail*
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:44 pm

I think its really cool what your mind does. But anyway, I have some more work to do tonight so I have to log off for now. Peace guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:44 pm

**sigh** you people just dont give up omg..
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:52 pm

Bullshit is bullshit. It is however interesting to speculate at what causes the mind to produce such fallacies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:54 pm

thank you dragon... if you believe in this stuff than your mind makes you feel whatever it is your feeling.. hence "figmans" of your imagination.. the heat you are feeling is not there it is just false sensory of your nerves that are recieving false images from your braing... nothing more nothing less
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:01 am

Sigh demonic. The fact that other people feel the heat means it's real (most likely). The fact that it's minimal means who gives a shit though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:05 am

why you sighing at me?! im stating what i believe and u call me ignorant.. if anyone is ignorant it is you for not seeing my side at all and simply saying what im saying is bullshit...

your mind DOES send false imagery to you.. these COULD be simple tricks by the mind.. the fact that you warn someone before handing them this "psi ball" could give their mind false imagery and therefor trick them aswell.. when you place the "psi ball" in a spot your mind focuses on that spot and if you touch it the mind remembers this spot and therefor THINKS its touching your "psi ball" sending just more pointless false imagery...
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:12 am

Quote :
why you sighing at me?! im stating what i believe and u call me ignorant.. if anyone is ignorant it is you for not seeing my side at all and simply saying what im saying is bullshit...

Again, show me where I call you ignorant in that post. Putting words in my mouth. I AGAIN, call strawman. Link is around somewhere for what it is, as I've said it before and am repeating myself.

Quote :
your mind DOES send false imagery to you.. these COULD be simple tricks by the mind.. the fact that you warn someone before handing them this "psi ball" could give their mind false imagery and therefor trick them aswell.. when you place the "psi ball" in a spot your mind focuses on that spot and if you touch it the mind remembers this spot and therefor THINKS its touching your "psi ball" sending just more pointless false imagery...

I never said it didn't. I infact, said it DID. I gave you the example of electric pulses being sent through to the persons brain. You're also flip flopping. You say it's explained by science static electricity blah blah blah. Now you're saying it's imagination. Stick to one story. You don't know what you believe. I'm going to stop arguing with you - as I keep repeating myself, and it's lost it's fun from before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:19 am

lol ive stated my point several times.. its false imagery.. imagination same damn thing.. i dont believe this stuff is reallity.. is the basic fact..
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:22 am

Quote :
lol ive stated my point several times.. its false imagery.. imagination same damn thing..

No. You tried to tell me it was static electricity. Don't flip flop.

Quote :
is the basic fact..
You're not backing shit up. You're giving an opinion, and BARELY backing it up. You're just speculating. I've backed my sentences up. (Note: I said sentences and not opinions,because I was messing around with you earlier)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:24 am

..the basic point is that i dont believe in this...

and yes i stated that static electricity COULD be what it is

but im leaning more towards the fact that people are just thinking something is there when its not..

im just stating what im believing and you keep trying to argue it lol.. i wasnt trying to prove my point i was merely stating it and you started this forum war with me...
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:27 am

Your opinion isn't very backed up. (Not saying it's wrong, you just present it in a way that it's easily rebutted). My solipsism is more backed up than your current opinion, as you don't have one as you don't know - but you say whatever it is, it can't be real, and if it is real, it's explained in which case that doesn't matter if it's explained or not.

Then we got into the concept of reality, which you said nothing about, nor did you counter my reality points in any manner.

Seriously - last post about this since...it's just becoming explanation of myself instead of actual debate.
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524

Your Character
Primary Move: Combustion-

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:29 am

I think Jay.J deserves an adward for being the master of debates, manipulation, and confusion :S
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 3:52 pm

I thus name Jay.J:

"The MasterDebater"

For obvious reasons...
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 4:43 pm

Ive come to a conculsion some of what I see are eye floaters.
And yes, I said it correctly, They're called floaters.

I have them because im near sighted I'm guessing.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 4:58 pm

Eww, I know some people with floaters. That sucks.
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 5:23 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Eww, I know some people with floaters. That sucks.

I only see them if Im staring off into space, Not focusing directly on something. That sort of deal.
And usually only if im looking at something bright.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 10:23 pm

OH! they look like little germy things when you squint right?

(also i do not see floaters when i do the tai chi thing i just see them when i squint real hard and things)
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 10:40 pm

kuro wrote:
OH! they look like little germy things when you squint right?

(also i do not see floaters when i do the tai chi thing i just see them when i squint real hard and things)

Yeah a little, They're like tiny cells. I see some that are very very small, Like a speckle, And they move fastly.
Then theres medium sized ones. That moved slowly, And there are HUGE ones that dont move, but follow my eyes wherever they go.
Its weird. :S

I think anyone can see them when they squint, or stare out a bright window.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Human Mind
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next