Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Element Hurt & Heal Discussion

Go down 
+10
diaster
SinisteRing
SkapeGoat
Dragonheart91
Lagger09
killll
RapidFireOmega
kuro
TanK_OwneR
Jay.J
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 7:44 pm

BashAndSmash has joined the game. I will of course be keeping his objectives confidential, but there is one part that I think is a good idea for everyone to do.

He has a primary objective of an element he wants to win, and then a secondary objective of which elements he wants to kill. (3 total.) I think both of those ratios are good, so feel free to send me which element you want to win, and which 3 elements you want to make lose for an alternate objective.

Edit: Jay J. is now registered.

Edit#2: This is how the scoring works:

Primary = 3 points
Alternate = 1 point
Both = 5 points
Alternate choices being the first 3 out: 1 bonus point

You have until the first element dies to register. If you have not registered by then, you get 0 points.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 4:34 am

SinisteRing from the game wrote:
Wtf... where's my spirit this game, Jay? Damn you! Well, you said I could add elements to this game.

Fire - 10
Water - 9
Dark - 12
Holy - 11
Earth - 8
Lightning - 7
Wind - 10
Ice - 11
Arcane - 10
Spirit - 11
Ether - 10
Chaos - 10
Surprise - 11

Don't argue with Surprise. If you've never heard of the element of surprise, your life shall be forfeit.

Heal Surprise/Spirit.
A ROFL!
2 i thought there was no new elements
C why so many
4 ROFFL!
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 11:04 am

Ya umm - no. Locked until Sin get's on. You can add ONE new element. If you want to mess around with a game, mess around with your aborted War game >.>...Simplicity was what made my game go round, unlike yours which lasted a week. Too ambitious Sin.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399

Your Character
Primary Move: I Zap You

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 7:58 pm

double hurt whatever element sin adds. if we can get 4 more, we can continue without sin ,as whatever he adds is already dead.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 11:11 pm

i didn't like the other 2 elements being added
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 12:18 am

Ya, it's been a day - just deleting Sin's elements and cleaning it up. I'll allow spirit however.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 4:08 pm

Kuro...are you serious? He made a move for the future when it was LOCKED. He made a move that didn't have....real preconditions - unlike yours which just means instant kill steal. Don't be like that Kuro...seriously. That's not even considered a future move, and you know it.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 7:16 pm

first of all... you're able to move while the thread is locked? why is that not in the rules?
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 7:24 pm

I assume make a move. It's not in the rules...as long as it's not ridiculous like yours...I'd accept it. And I did for Bash. Seriously...you're too obsessed with kills kuro.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 7:41 pm

im only obsessed because ive been denied it over half the time

im also upset because you let certain things slide while you're strict toward other things...

killll made a move 2-3 hours early and you accepted it, while denying my hour early move. i thought it was okay if i did this since you let killll go.

i killed ice (i think it was ice?) shortly after midnight, but then you deleted our posts due to the timezone thing...

bash deleted my post saying that i kill lightning if this isnt accepted, before you saw it (moderating YOUR GAME-- wtf, there goes my evidence...)

after the deletion of my double kill post with the evidence, i posted again, saying againt that if jay.j wouldn't accept it that i would kill lightning, and that please nobody move until then.

belial takes the double kill and despite me again saying that i kill lightning, i am denied the kill and the credit goes to belial.

future move thing. 1- its not in the rules 2- hes setting preconditions 3-you let it slide.

i am of course going to be smarter in the future but from the start of the game to now its like you're purposely sabotaging me; like you're deliberately trying to make me fail.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 8:02 pm

That was only when it was locked. Make your moves. Also - realize your current one doesn't work. If I double hurt, you can't double heal.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 8:11 pm

in that case i would heal it and save the other move for the next persons first hurt heal, as shown above...

edit: diagram

double hurt
bob: 10 -> 8 -> 9, and save other move for next persons first hurt/heal

heal two
bob: 10 -> 11 -> 10
joe: 10 -> 11 -> 10

hurt two
bob: 10 -> 9 -> 10
joe: 10 -> 9 -> 10

do something once= i undo that, and next person who does something is undo'd...
bob 10 -> 11 -> 10
joe 10-> 9
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 8:28 pm

Regardless - it's only for when the topic is locked. Make your moves.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 12:48 am

This has nothing to do with the game, but I just noticed that your posts are 1984, Jay... is that static or is that just an awesome coincidence... of course posting in reply may change it to 1985 in which case this point is... moot.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:25 am

Oh noes... I always suspected Jay, but really? I didn't even know Canada HAD a big brother program...

Also, are you tracking the kills and assists Jay? I'm gonna total up the points at the end including kills and assists along with the other objectives, so if you aren't tracking them I will need to start doing so.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:30 am

They're on the first post & Coincidence....Also - wow, almost 2000. :O

Quote :
No, unfortunately you forgot to accomodate daylight savings time.... It says Today @ 10:59 and 11:00 respectively...

Not sure if I should enforce the rules, and delete your last post, but then I'd just take the kill, and makes it seem like I'm doing it for the kill - in which case I could delete both posts. Letting you do it though isn't an option - for one I said I was going to be more strict, and I know for a fact kuro would get pissed since I've been strict on her and time issues.

Locked until you respond. If you don't respond with in 18 hours of this post....Then I'll delete both posts, and resume the game.

Need a response Aqua - would you rather me take the kill, and you just get an assist, or take back both moves and see how the game plays out.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 4:10 am

for me, the forum time says 11:59 and 12:00 is that what it says for you? If yes, then leave them how they are because that's what FORUM time says and that's what you've been basing it on anyhow. If forum time is changeable by ANYONE then it's a horrible thing to base the game off of. I.e. if it's a setting that can be changed by anyone. For me, the times say 11:59 and 12:00. Yes, I am being repetitive.

If the forum times don't say 11 and 12, then take the kill. IDC. If they say 10 and 11, then you need to change the time or let me know how to set the forum time to accurately reflect the game time because that's why I haven't made several moves before. Also, it may have been the reason that I was scratching my head wondering WTF when B and S made a move that said 12:59 and 1 on the same day during the last game and didn't get called out for it.

Edited: Yeah, just delete the 2nd post and take a kill or heal water or w/e. I was thinking that the forum time was set by an administrator rather than by each individual. Mine is now set to show posts as being 2 hours past my current time which is the correct time. Unlock the game and continue. It means that I used yesterday's move but still have today's to use at my disposal which means that I can go for a quadruple shot again tonight if I so choose... at 10 instead of 9.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:01 pm

Quote :
You may only post in this thread once a day. Forum times (EST for those of you who changed it).

Eastern Standard Time. Says so in the first post...Sorry Aqua Sad.

I can set the Forum time, however some computers (I think) readjust it to their own time. You can also change it manually.

As a reference this post is being posted @ aprox 11:01AM.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Your number of posts is boring now. Getting to 1984 posts should have made you "Big Brother Mage" or something. Why apologize? It is a nice gesture, of course, but I think unnecessary. I was confused by an elementary thing such as time and not because there was a paradox involved. I don't earn sympathy. I earn idiot points. And, like you said, there's an assist in it for me, so I think that I'll just continue the game in that vein... weaken elements enough for them to die, and if the opportunity presents itself, then go for the kill. I don't have any particular element I want to win or kill so those matter less to me than a penny to Mr. Gates.

So play on.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-07-23
Location : No ty, i don't want people to try to rape me in my own house.

Your Character
Primary Move: Posession

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:44 pm

Jay.J wrote:

New Things this game:

• Assists will be given out along with kills. To qualify, you must do the most damage to the element (Ties don't count) or be the person to have taken the element down to one or two HP before the final blow.

Do i also get assist for the Water kill? I did deal the most damage to it (6).
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 2:16 pm

Yup, look at the first post Smile.

Or better yet, I'll copy paste it

Updates:

Lightning has been killed by Kuro as of November 26th, 2008 with an assist by Jay.J (Setup) & TanK_OwneR (Most damage)
Earth has been killed by Bash&Smash as of December 1st, 2008 with an assist by Kuro (Setup) & Bash&Smash (Most damage)
Spirit has been killed by Jay.J as of December 1st, 2008 with an assist by The_Angel (Setup) & by TanK_OwneR (Most damage)
Water has been killed by Jay.J as of December 2nd, 2008 with an assist by AquaAscension (Setup) and Belial (Most damage).

Ya...I know terrible colors but there are so many elements now, some of them have to get bad colors + the order of them dying didn't bring out a good scheme but whatever..
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 2:31 pm

I propose that we don't add any more elements. It's getting ridiculous now.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 4:11 pm

Ya, I personally didn't want to add spirit, arcane or nature...but things always happen when I'm not around. And since they've been added, might as well continue the tradition of keeping them or people will complain. + we don't got any more colors....So no more elements Smile.
Back to top Go down
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399

Your Character
Primary Move: I Zap You

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 8:42 pm

I added Nature to be original. The rest are just copy elements : /
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 12:14 am

UM i killed nature... not lightning...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Element Hurt & Heal Discussion
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next