Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Creep Counter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Creep Counter Empty
PostSubject: Creep Counter   Creep Counter EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 10:15 pm

As apposed to a level counter, how about a creep counter, where X is the amount of creeps spawn per level. And X decreases as creeps die.
Unless the number of creeps should also be a mystery, then its all cool.

Of course place the counter in the Food section (top right corner).

If this is not added, that's fine, but then this leads me to my next point which is a bug (or it seems like one).

You know how there is always 1 or 2 creeps that just seems to evade us, gets stuck or messes up on their way points, and we have go look and find it and kill it.
However what if we don't kill it??? Like actually just wait about 2-3 minutes. It seems like the next round starts, and those who died, don't respawn, like normally.
(This is in version 6.1)
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

Creep Counter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creep Counter   Creep Counter EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Yes, I seen that bug happen, you also get no gold from that round.

Well, concerning the creep counter, I don't think it should be added, it being a mistery is better in my opinion, besides, I would like to see the number of creeps of each wave to vary more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

Creep Counter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creep Counter   Creep Counter EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 11:06 pm

Scyon wrote:
You know how there is always 1 or 2 creeps that just seems to evade us, gets stuck or messes up on their way points, and we have go look and find it and kill it.
However what if we don't kill it??? Like actually just wait about 2-3 minutes. It seems like the next round starts, and those who died, don't respawn, like normally.
(This is in version 6.1)
It's impossible for the next round to start without resurrecting and getting the gold reward. It's the same trigger, so ...

I'm actually replacing towers, so unit's won't run anymore. I liked them running away, however, it interferes with the AI, so these kind of issues shouldn't happen anymore.

I don't want there to be a creep counter similar to the round counter idea's reasons. But, this is is mainly for the rounds with invisible units, and for pushing the incompetent players, who get caught up with the mass of units in front of them and let a few slip by to the paladin, who gets killed for their carelessness ( it's happened to me before too, lol ).

Again the gameplay itself is fairly simple ( while the mechanics are not ) and players should be aware of their need to pay attention. I don't want to make it easier ( in any way ) for the player to be aware of his/her surrounds. That's their job.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Creep Counter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creep Counter   Creep Counter EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:07 am

KK but just to reiterate, I died fighting the Lich bosses, and i did not rez when the round was so call complete. In fact 1 creep was somewhere on the map, and none of us could find it.
Which seemed like the round timed out (if there is a timer), and then the game proceeded to the next round, without rezzing me.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

Creep Counter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creep Counter   Creep Counter EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Are you sure that you simple were in -hc mode?

Because honestly, this bug is impossible, UNLESS you died from a projectile that killed you AFTER the last enemy was killed. Then you would get the gold, but not respawn.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Creep Counter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creep Counter   Creep Counter EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 8:07 pm

I never play -hc mode or -ff, i'm always in Normal mode

Yah trust me it was weird, what happened was a necro intagibbed me and that was at the beginning of the round, and then the round ended with no money given (said 1 player) and i didn't spawn for the next round. :S

I know this doesn't make sense based of you triggers in ur code, but trust me it, happened and even Baln, had this issue once.

For now it seems to be almost un-repeatable. This is kinda why i wanted a creep counter. LoL
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

Creep Counter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creep Counter   Creep Counter EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Well, the gold thing is truly impossible, however, if the Necromancer "siphoned" you less than 0.25 seconds before he died, than it makes sense. You wouldn't respawn.

In all honesty, I've known about this delay for a while, but kind of liked it. ( I've seen it happen with projectiles or spells from the Orc levels. ) However, if it really is an issue, I can add some sort of delay to the resurrection and gold reward, to make sure you resurrect for the next round.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Creep Counter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creep Counter   Creep Counter EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 12:21 am

I would actually wait and see if I can reproduce this problem to further report about it.

But just to reiterate, I had a team of 5 players, I got siphoned at the beginning of the round. My allies supposedly kill all creeps after i died, and I did not spawn. I was happy my team was able to kill the creeps and I was anticipating the next round, but I did not respawn.

As for the gold was not given for that round, I am not sure since I prolly was watching TV, and only 1 player explicitly stated they did not get gold. So that I dunno. But i know for a fact I did not respawn when I really should have.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Creep Counter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creep Counter   Creep Counter EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:38 pm

Ok, the last thing I can think of for this section would be a simple label stating "Infested" <- red colour and "Clear" <- green colour in the Food section (top right corner).

I dunno how many times I sit there and wonder, hmm did we get them all??? This simple indicated on the top right corner will simply show whether or not we still have creeps to kill or not.

If this doesn't Pass for a viable option, then for future purposed the Food thing should be replaced with a Material earned or War points earned that cam be used for crafting or getting access to special items. Of course add this in the future when the game is balanced and need that extra replay factor. To keep people playing this game.
Back to top Go down
BlacRyu
Intermediate Mage
Intermediate Mage
BlacRyu

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Your Character
Primary Move: Kaiser

Creep Counter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creep Counter   Creep Counter EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:52 pm

The gold bonus is already an indicator that the round has ended, if you weren't paying attention then ask everyone else. If nobody saw it then there's probably a creep somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Creep Counter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creep Counter   Creep Counter Empty

Back to top Go down

Creep Counter
Page 1 of 1